Daz studio 3D VS Iclone 4

Posted By rollynumber1 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
What about MachStudio Pro 2 V Iclone.. As MachStudio Pro 2 is now free I was wondering If Iclone has awt to worry about ... Smile

Scratch that .. looking into it you need a high end 3dpackage 3Dmax n the like to get your objects and characters into MachStudioCrazy

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
13 Years Ago by bluemidget666
Teviniii
Teviniii
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

markk1 (5/27/2011)
It depends on whose content you use. Ratracers causes daz studio to crash on export.

Oh, okay.

That does not happen with all Ratracer sets. When it does, try exporting it object by object or in sections, that should solve the issue.
jfr
jfr
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Hello,

I will be putting together a film with live actors green screened and probably all in a virtual set. iClone looks like it's tailor-made for the job, but there have been some concerns about polygon count, and maybe the renderer vs other programs like Daz or Poser.

Character animation is not an issue here - just the 3D virtual backgrounds.

So I'm looking for a comparison of iClone with Daz Studio as a virtual movie set system, and if anyone can shed some light, also looking at Maya and 3DS.

It's been hard to find any info out there on the web that's specific to bringing video clips into a 3D program they way iClone can do it.

So my initial questions would be:

1. Can this video clip compositing be done in Daz Studio somehow? (or Maya, 3DS, etc.) I can prepare an alpha mask if necessary. I don't want to just do an overlay, but treat the clips like objects within the 3D virtual scene.

2. Scenes. How easy is it to convert/share virtual scenes between Daz/Poser format and iClone? I might need to import/export both ways.

3. Slightly cartooned and whimsical is the goal, so I don't need raytraced realism. But it still should look as real as possible otherwise. How is iClone for this vs. Daz, and then can I manipulate my video-clips of actors within Daz?

Thanks!

warlord720
warlord720
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
MachStudio Free! You have just made my day. Worked on a project that involved this product and loved it.

It will not replace iClone for me nor will it replace Studio Max, CityEngine, Blender and Vue Infinite as I find these tools compliment each other in different ways. There is not a work day that goes by for me that I do open iClone and Max several times. It's almost that way for Vue too as you have to start your network rendering on Vue very early in the workday to use it.

But... MachStudio Free!!!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!! errrr... I mean DANG! w00t

bluemidget666 (5/28/2011)
What about MachStudio Pro 2 V Iclone.. As MachStudio Pro 2 is now free I was wondering If Iclone has awt to worry about ... Smile

Scratch that .. looking into it you need a high end 3dpackage 3Dmax n the like to get your objects and characters into MachStudioCrazy

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

tylerzambori
tylerzambori
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

warlord720 (5/31/2011)
MachStudio Free! You have just made my day. Worked on a project that involved this product and loved it.

It will not replace iClone for me nor will it replace Studio Max, CityEngine, Blender and Vue Infinite as I find these tools compliment each other in different ways. There is not a work day that goes by for me that I do open iClone and Max several times. It's almost that way for Vue too as you have to start your network rendering on Vue very early in the workday to use it.

But... MachStudio Free!!!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!! errrr... I mean DANG! w00t

How do you work Iclone into your workflow?

"I am not a senior anything."
warlord720
warlord720
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

If I can't get an object in directly via Studio Max with the plugin or 3DXchange then I'll chroma key in what I need in the post work phase usually with After Effects if its a complicated matte setup or I might do it in VisionLab Pro if it envolves a lot of masking.

Like a lot of users I prefer to have the assets in the engine when possible but I'd say I'm doing at least three times more direct engine work with imported assets into iClone than I am with chroma key and it used to be the other way around.

With studio max and the plug-in there is very little I run into that I can't get into iclone. Even if the poly count is outrageous I'll build and tweak the scene in wireframe or smooth render then I'll strip out what I need in sections, then render and composite them together at post but I only do this if the project has a tendency to crash too often.

With an i7 core I've been working with some large poly counts... well over a million on just one prop like a city. If there is ever a 64 bit version where we can really use our RAM then the sky is the limit.

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
MachStudio Pro being free is really amazing... however I don't have the hardware to run it. (My GFX card is not DX11 compatible, only DX10).

Also someone was asking about iClone compared to DAZ Studio. If you don't need raytraced lighting, then I guess you don't need a non-realtime renderer. However as it stands now, MachStudio is still superior to iClone as far as the rendering is concerned, but I don't know what iClone 5 is doing.

Also with MachStudio Pro 2, you don't need a highend software, just something that can export FBX... like blender. Taht being said, I don't see why MachStudio Pro 2 can't import obj files. It'd make sense, but oh well.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

I dont think Machstudio supports FBX thats why you need MAX or MAYA or Sketchup Pro for the exporters..

But I might be wrong ....

~One thing that interests me with MachStudio is if it could be used as a Render studio for Iclone films .. There is a Post on the Machstudio forum that suggests exporters and importers could be made for a price .....

http://www.studiogpu.com/forums/viewthread/357/

Info about MachStudio came from http://myclone.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/machstudio-pro-goes-free/

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
13 Years Ago by bluemidget666
warlord720
warlord720
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Like iClone it has to be in its proprietary format. I can find no direct import of anything other than another MachStudio scene file or their three proprietary asset formats that are created with a supplied plug-in for several 3D applications.

If your hardware will run it then it is worth downloading and going through the lighting tute just to see how killer this application is. With spec maps and normals you can really bring out a great render. Not quite Pixar but not that far off with all things considered. One desktop vesus a renderfarm? I'll take that any day.

Still having a hard time believing I just compared its render to a pixar film in any fashion and it renders in a matter of seconds per frame with high level lighting!

The screenshots below are from a tute. Basic lighting, low contrast AO, high contrast AO, advanced lighting and advanced lighting with Ambient Occlusion. All done in realtime!

An importer for iClone would be heaven!

tylerzambori
tylerzambori
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

machstudio will import objects with fbx, but not animation.

I also heard that the sketchup exporter for machstudio even works
for the free version.

I am trying to get the blender script for machstudio installed
into blender 2.49b. It has taken some tweaking to get
blender 2.49b set up with the right version of python 2.6.2.
Now I just need to figure out getting the script installed
right.

The blender plugin is there in the machstudio folders once you
install it.

So theoretically you could get your stuff into machstudio through
blender 2.49. Not Iclone scenes though I'm sure.

"I am not a senior anything."

Reading This Topic