CT6 vs. Animator V1

Posted By wjs_pdi 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wjs_pdi
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
I've seen feature comparisons for the Standard vs. Pro versions of both Animator V1 and Crazy Talk 6. What I need is a comparison of the two programs themselves; What are the brief strengths and weaknesses of the two? For whom is each intended? Does Animator V1 have all the features of Crazy Talk 6 PLUS fully body animation?

Can someone with much greater Reallusion experience than mine please take the time? Thanks.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi..

Well obviously the biggest difference between the two titles is that CrazyTalk Animator can create full figure animation and isn't restricted to just talking heads as was the case in all previous versions of CrazyTalk.

Also very importantly CTA is a complete 2D animation suite and adds a fully featured timeline which offers greater flexibility when creating your animations. It also enables you to take any 2D image and convert it into props or scenes that can be dragged and dropped into place. And just like CT6 you can also create talking heads if you wish.

Now after saying all that you might be wondering why you should consider CT6 over CTA. Well not everyone will want to learn a full animation suite if all they want to do is work with photos of their family and friends and make them talk and create fun animated videos. This is where CrazyTalk 6 excels and in a quick and easy to learn way that some users may prefer.

It's really down to what you want to do with the software. If you want to create your own cartoon type animations with endless  possibilities then go for CTA but if you just want to create fun talking heads quickly and easily with a shorter learning curve then CT6 will be perfect. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

wjs_pdi
wjs_pdi
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Thanks for responding.
BuckHenry
BuckHenry
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
ok then,, cta will do talking heads just as good as ct6? is that what your saying?? because i want to make sure i buy the right product,, i do want to do animations also,, this iclone 4 has facial animation with it,, so why would i want ct6??

thanx
sglevinsky
sglevinsky
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I've been comparing the two trial versions trying to figure out the differences as well.  From what I have been able to determine, Animator pro doesn't have all the features of Crazy Talk 6, such as voice morphing, and the animation continues after the voice dialog stops, such as the eyes and head continue to move.  Also I can't figure out how to reduce the stage or background size in Animator to fit my image, so I don't have these huge files.  There might be some way to do all of this in Animator but I can't figure out how.  I would prefer to buy animator if it has the exact same features as crazy talk 6, but I haven't been able to get answers to my specific questions above.   Thanks for any help with this. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
sglevinsky (10/23/2011)
I've been comparing the two trial versions trying to figure out the differences as well.  From what I have been able to determine, Animator pro doesn't have all the features of Crazy Talk 6, such as voice morphing, and the animation continues after the voice dialog stops, such as the eyes and head continue to move.  Also I can't figure out how to reduce the stage or background size in Animator to fit my image, so I don't have these huge files.  There might be some way to do all of this in Animator but I can't figure out how.  I would prefer to buy animator if it has the exact same features as crazy talk 6, but I haven't been able to get answers to my specific questions above.   Thanks for any help with this. 

CrazyTalk Animator can certainly do everything CrazyTalk 6 can do plus a lot more. It just does things in a different way to CT6. It should also be remembered that CrazyTalk 6 works with talking heads only but in CrazyTalk Animator you have a full 2D animation studio that also works with full bodied characters.

Now I'm not sure I fully understand your question about the background and stage sizes but in general if you want to be able to resize objects you should add them as props. All props can be resized.

So for example to add an image as resizable background simply drag it into your scene as a Prop. Then resize it to fill up the background area by using the corner adjustments. Finally move it to the back of your scene by using the Z-Depth adjustment and add your characters and other props in front of it.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic