Profile Picture

Which package to buy for creating talking head with lip sync?

Posted By spamfreeliu 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Which package to buy for creating talking head with lip sync?

Author
spamfreeliu
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Sorry for the duplicate post I posted at iClone forum.

I played around with CrazyTalk and iClone a while back. We may have budget at ~$500 to buy programs to create 3d talking head with voiceover before the end of the year. So I need to make a decision quick.

I noticed that there are new packages and wonder which one I need to buy for my purpose.

I have a few questions:

1) iClone Avatar Builder is listed but I can't find it in any bundle. Can it lip sync content? Can iClone lip sync with recorded voiceover and be able to do green screen that I add background in a separate program?

2) CrazyTalk Animator is new. Do I need that beside CrazyTalk in order to do talking head.

3) Which combination of packages (some Holiday deals available) should I get to achieve what I need?

4) Should I purchase some business clothing or individual packages to make the job easier?

Thanks for your help,

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
spamfreeliu (12/22/2010)
Sorry for the duplicate post I posted at iClone forum.

I played around with CrazyTalk and iClone a while back. We may have budget at ~$500 to buy programs to create 3d talking head with voiceover before the end of the year. So I need to make a decision quick.

I noticed that there are new packages and wonder which one I need to buy for my purpose.

I have a few questions:

1) iClone Avatar Builder is listed but I can't find it in any bundle. Can it lip sync content? Can iClone lip sync with recorded voiceover and be able to do green screen that I add background in a separate program?

the iClone Avatar Builder is an online service for bulding an iClone 3D avatar for importing into iClone.  As far as I know, it is not a downloadable application or plugin.

2) CrazyTalk Animator is new. Do I need that beside CrazyTalk in order to do talking head.

Both CrazyTalk and CrazyTalk Pro will do talking head animations, but they are separate applications.  The major differene is that the Animator version will allow you to create fully animatible bodies along with the talking heads.  If all you want is a talking head, with no arms, legs, etc... then CrazyTalk would be the one to get.  However, most of the features in CrazyTalk are available in CrazyTalk Animator.  Most, not all.

3) Which combination of packages (some Holiday deals available) should I get to achieve what I need?

Really depend on what those needs are.  But looking at it in a long term and short term perspective, are you ever going to need to do 3D animations?  then iCLone.  Are you going to ever need to animate your talking heads, with a full body, then get CrazyTalk Animator.  If all you want is talking heads and/or photographs, then CrazyTalk will suffice.

4) Should I purchase some business clothing or individual packages to make the job easier?

There are some good packs available, but iClone packs will not worj with CrazyTalk (in any incarnation) and vice versa

Thanks for your help,

I hope it was helpful... Tongue

jah.nocli
jah.nocli
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I bought Crazy Talk 6 recently, partly so I could have a look at Crazy Talk Animator as part of the package. I was very interested in Crazy Talk 6, which enables me to animate action figure close-ups (previously I had thought about casting loads of replacement heads!!!).

CT Animator is less interesting to me, particularly if you cannot yet afford the Pro versiion(!). I am a long-time user of Anime Studiio, which is a much better bones-based animation program. But Crazy Talk 6, for me, is a wonderful solutiion, and very intuitive. Maybe CT Animator will be like that down the line -- Reallusion seem to be a very responsive company.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

jah.nocli (12/22/2010)
I am a long-time user of Anime Studiio, which is a much better bones-based animation program.

And a much much bigger learning curve...

jah.nocli
jah.nocli
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Personally, I don't think it's much more of a learning curve than CT Animator. They're both a bit quirky. Anyway, ya gotta put something in to get something out...
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

jah.nocli (12/23/2010)
Personally, I don't think it's much more of a learning curve than CT Animator. They're both a bit quirky. Anyway, ya gotta put something in to get something out...

I was able to pick up and begin using CTA almost immediately, with very little reading.  ASP, I still struggle with...

Reading This Topic