Profile Picture

Installing on another computer as a gift

Posted By bobdeena 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bobdeena
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I know I can purchase this and send the e-mail to a different address.  However, I am trying to shorten the "up and running" process.

Can I purchase and save the download, then copy the download to a DVD so it may be installed on my grandsons computer without waiting for the download time when I visit him on Christmas.

Any security issues with this approach.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
this should be no problem, I always make and use back up that way - the main concern is that your grandsons computer has internet access so you can register and unlock the software to his computer. My response is unofficial, so you should verify this with one of the official staff in the event that i may have overlooked something. Cheers Smile

bobdeena
bobdeena
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Thanks so much for your reply.  It would seem that it should work, but they seem so concerned about one program, one computer, that it worries me if I download and save to my computer and try to copy and install it on my grandson's computer that it may not pass all the security requirements.

The last thing I want is a very disappointed grandson on Christmas Day.

I have just purchased my first copy of anything from Reallusion - Crazy Talk Animator.  I have not found a way to contact anyone official and get an answer back.  This is a worry to me as I begin my investment in this product; for hobby and recreation purposes only.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Bob

The best way to handle this would be to create a new account for your Grandson and make the purchase in that account. You can then give him the account details after he receives the gift. This way he will have access to the account for downloading and should he ever purchase any additional content it will be registered to the same account as is required.

If you have already purchased CTA in your own account then you can contact Support using the Support Form below and they will help you transfer it to a different account.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Hope this helps clear up any confusion.Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic