3DXchange and Animating Results

Posted By JasonWynngard 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JasonWynngard
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I'm convinced the following results from my ignorance. I'm able to (finally) import 3D models into 3DXchange almost with impunity now. What I can't do is save a character as a character. 3DXchange seems determined to save everything import into it as a PROP. This is very frustrating as I can't animate the things in iClone. I've tried importing in various formats like .FBX, .3DS, OBJ and sure I can import them into 3DXchange but can't save as file type CHARACTER.

After wasting huge time and money with DAZ and Poser and their darn runtime mess, I finally gave up despite the fact they have stuff I want to use which iClone doesn't have. The beauty of iClone (for me) is that you install it and in minutes you can actually create animation output. i spent practically zero time hassling with the software not being able to find its own folders, trying to get clothing onto characters and you name it. So i figured one way to get around iClone not having certain characters like Mountain Men, cave men, American Football players etc was to use 3DXchange to export them into iClone. It was a nice theory so if anyone can help me do this, I'd be over and above grateful.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
not sure if you saw this, I hope it helps

JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thanks. Saw it tried it. Had a measure of success. Wish I could just export to iClon and use iClone's motions to work the character. You know, select the motion and not worry about much else. I'm probably being wholly unrealistic.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Sen
Sen
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi ,

If I understand you want apply RL motion To V4 . Yes It's possible , just transform into a non-standard character in 3dsmax . Export form daz studio 3d using fbx , import in max , rig with G1 template and skin character . much work Hehe

Like this :

edit : oups using fbx or obj file , no need Daz bone for re-rig in G1

CGTRADER

Edited
14 Years Ago by Sen
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

yeah, i hear ya, it seems to be a trade off for being able to render quickly, gotta follow the rules :/ ....more details , more drama lol, cheers and happy holidays Smile

W.VEEKE
W.VEEKE
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)

If you want to do all this work and want a little mor challenge to use also the head in Iclone, i recommend to rig it with G3 bones and cut the body in parts so it will be a standard character for iclone. But as Sen told, you have to do some work. There is a second way i will tell this you wen i have finished the first one. Little less work

Wil Veeke-Reallusion Certified Content Developer

Member of:

The Content Wizards!

Sen
Sen
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Sorry I don't understand what you say planetstardragon .

I think as Wil , there is differents ways . can a developer propose a service like that ???
Send a model , rig and skin for iclone ....

CGTRADER

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Sen, what i mean is the more quality we want, the more challenges we face to get that quality.

Rigging is an art all its own, it's like chess, it's not complicated to learn, but to get good at it requires patience and practice, youtube has some great rigging tutorials especially for 3DS Max.

And yes, I imagine that would be a great service, as some people may have invested a lot of money in daz assets, and need help bringing them into iclone. It can be tedious work and not everyone has the time to convert their libraries after work / school / friend / family time.

some people just want to make movies and don't want to get into modeling. ~ Cheers.

Sen
Sen
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thank for reply Wink .

I understand now ( poor french Tongue ) .

CGTRADER

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
JasonWynngard (12/16/2010)I finally gave up despite the fact they have stuff I want to use which iClone doesn't have... So i figured one way to get around iClone not having certain characters like Mountain Men, cave men, American Football players etc was to use 3DXchange to export them into iClone.

There's no question that in general, DAZ and Poser renders are more impressive than iClone characters, and also no question that those two communities have a much greater variety of characters to choose from. (A confusing embarrassment of riches, in fact.)

But it seems to me that if one is willing to trade the beauty of those high polygon figures for the animate-ability of mid-poly iClone, there should be no barriers to getting exactly whatever human character design one desires.

After all, iClone already offers some downright eye-popping designs, such as the Flowing Skirts fairies. Doesn't anybody agree with my feeling that these designs are pretty astonishing?

Jason, is there anything any of us can do to help you realize your own character goals in iClone?

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards

Reading This Topic