Profile Picture

Leave Your Comments On CrazyTalk Animator

Posted By Visconti 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
alexdobras
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
that's great news! i have found it now. still the waveform is a bit small but useful.
would be great to see waveform for soundfx and music too.

but what about a time scrubbing feature? like After Effects has, if you are familiar with it.

basically, when draging the mouse over the timeline while keeping CTRL presed, you can hear the sound of the clip just for the portion of the strip you're draging onto.

since with Spacebar pressed the sound keeps on playing, and not very good for workflow.

does CTAnimator has this feature that i'm unaware ?
alexdobras
alexdobras
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)

how to do this in CTA ?
here is time-sound scrubbing in AE: [/url]
[url=http://youtu.be/py0RZA4C8Q0?t=34s]
Edited
12 Years Ago by alexdobras
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Not that I know of.

The only thing I can think of is to use the markers to set a start and end point to play.
Then every time you hit the space bar it cycles thru that section.
It is not the best because you have to continually move the markers for each section you are working on but it is something.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

alexdobras
alexdobras
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

it is not okay. it's too hard to animate without a time sound scrubbing feature, if you're working with lots of sounds, of course.
Edited
12 Years Ago by alexdobras
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
alexdobras (2/18/2012)
how to do this in CTA ?
here is time-sound scrubbing in AE:

As Jeff has already mentioned, time/sound scrubbing isn't possible in the current version I'm afraid.

I will add it to the wishful features list though. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

alexdobras
alexdobras
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

hi guys, is there a way to add vector files into CTA ? it seem that only swf is supported, and i get only ragged edges with it.

would importing ai / svg / eps would be implimented any time soon ?

thanks
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
alexdobras (2/26/2012)
hi guys, is there a way to add vector files into CTA ? it seem that only swf is supported, and i get only ragged edges with it.

would importing ai / svg / eps would be implimented any time soon ?

thanks

Have you ensured that you have Anti-Alias checked in Preferences? This can cause jagged edges. Also try setting your Max Real-Time Map Size to a higher setting. This may help.

Remember also that you can use PNG, TGA, BMP format images etc to create sprite based characters. You aren't limited to SWF format.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

One thing I have found is that if you draw your object too small then it can get ragged when it is enlarged to size.
I prefer to draw a larger object and then shrink it down rather than a small one and enlarge it.

Also, don't use line widths smaller than around 2.5pts.
The typically outline for a character, that I use, is 5pts.

Jeff

Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!

alexdobras
alexdobras
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

if there was a SVG export , CTA would work with Inkscape too. and probably with Illustrator.

if i export a model (A4 paper size) to swf and import it to CTA, i get some ragged edges no matter what options i choose, but also i get no rolling eyes from the illustrator's swf file. Do you know how to work it ?

cheers!
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I export 1 frame from CTA as a SWF file and then use the SoThink SWF Decompiler to export the shape as SVG files.
I can then use them in DrawPlus and they don't have ragged edges.

Reading This Topic