file checker

Posted By planetstardragon 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
i could be wrong, but i think iclone has a memory leak, i left it on working on a project for a few days so i could work on the project sporadically, i also kept adding and removing files testing a variety of choices...while my file is heavy, i've removed most of the new stuff and it was running fine yesterday, but today it seemed to run that much slower...and when i save the file apparently whatever is making it slower got saved with it. So I think it would be nice to have some sort of file checker to remove any extra data that was added that is not normal for a file. I did notice my file sizes greatly increased as well.

I also noticed this today with the camera, I added a path, had the camera follow it, i didn't like it so i deleted it, but for some reason the camera kept snapping to something that wasn't there ...also before this I added the circle animation ...then deleted it. There was nothing in the timeline, I also deleted all the cameras and motions / paths ..and started from scratch, but the cams still defaulted to some odd position, even though timeline was clear as well as the asset list was bare. I had to completely restart with a whole new project to remove that issue, which is why it leads me to believe it's a memory leak.

A file cleaner may be a quick fix to remove any bad data that was saved to a file, so we can have a clean start.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

i figured out a way to test this...

a new project showed up as 91kb file size 0 faces.

I took the project i was having trouble with, and removed everything to emulate a new project.

the new file size was 8481kb, with 880 faces, bare project with no props, technically should have even been smaller than a new project because I removed the atmosphere ...and the default pic it uses, so thats less. now while Im sure some of that is undo data, is it all undo data or is some of it unnecessary data being saved with the basic file info ?

update - following this test, I started a new project, to perform another test, To add a model, and remove it to see if it left any residual faces, Iclone crashed instantly ...it was a low poly model. thus enforcing my belief of a memory leakage, apparently the troubled file left some residual data that carried over to a new project.

Edited
14 Years Ago by planetstardragon
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

this prop in particular which i got from google warehouse seemed to have caused my project file a lot of stress, may help give clues as to where to look or what may be triggering this...

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

i went back today and retested this, to double check I did it right, took the trouble project, erased everything from it, same thing ... except this time i saved the blank file, I recalled the blank file, the file size is now 110k ...but the 880 face count is still there. I attached the blank error project.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Thanks for the feedback. I have passed this to the iClone team so they can look into this.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Peter, I'm using all the softwares a lot more now and finding little stuff here and there that I'll post about in the future. I just want to be more tactful in how I present them as I really am trying to be helpful Smile Cheers.

Reading This Topic