My computer has a silly virus and I got this mesage

Posted By christina8_683 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
christina8_683
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Hello :-) My computer has a virus and I keep getting popups. When I tried to open my crazytalk 6 just then, I got this popup saying:

"Full duplex sound card required, check your sound device setting sand try again"

I've never had that popup before. Is that popup from you or is that the stupid virus playing a trick on me again?

The computer programmer is coming to my house tomorrow to fix the virus probelm.

Thanks heaps for your time :-)

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
your sound card going out doesn't sound like a virus imo , it sounds more like some new drivers got installed in your system and cut off your your normal audio set up ...

to scan for viruses you can use this software
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

to remove any programs that may have mal configured your audio card use this ...
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Depending on your windows OS you may be able to use this
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-fixing-common-sound-problems

to clean your computer of any extra junk use this
http://www.piriform.com/?utm_source=ccleaner.com&utm_medium=redirect

Update your adobe flash to help prevent catching future flash bugs
www.adobe.com

update your java as well
www.java.com

update your windows os

and upate your audio card drivers.

and finally, if your system has a built in sound card on the mother board, check your Bios and set your sound card to ON ...not "Auto" auto will disable your built in sound card the minute it detects other drivers / equipment installed in your system.

these are all free and relatively easy to use as the default settings are user friendly.

I hope this helps. Good luck and Happy Holidays! Smile

Edited
14 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 hours ago
Hi..

It sounds as though you have a problem with your sound card and CrazyTalk detected this on startup. Once you get your computer cleaned up of any viruses you should find the situation improves, although you may still need to install drivers. Your computer repairman should be able to sort all that out.

In future I would advise you simply install some virus protection such as the free Security Essentials from Microsoft. This will prevent your computer from being infected again. You can find it HERE if interested.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

christina8_683
christina8_683
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Hello, and thank you so very much for all your help, I do appreciate it a lot :-)

I am going to get a computer technician to reinstall my operating system- do you think that will help? Will I still nbeed to do all the stuff youse mentioned if I reinstall my operating system?

Thank you all so very much for your help :-)

StoneThrower
StoneThrower
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
That error message has NOTHING to do with a virus. I just had my brand new pc delivered today. Straight out of the box, the first piece of software I installed was Crazy Talk. Yet, I cannot use it because I'm prompted with the same message. Specifically:

Window Title (Top left of window - above message): CTIEMain

"Full duplex-sound card required, check your sound device settings and try again."

Now, I'll tell you, I do a lot of design work and I run very process intensive programs concurrently on my systems. The new PC I bought, was not your $300 dollar Wal-mart or Office Depot special. Its loaded. High end graphics card - 2gb, and a premium sound card with extra fittings, adapters, and multifunction capabilities. Its also not a generic PC. Its an HP (Hewlett-Packard).

So, the fact that I saw an "Administrator," just told you to go see a technician, is like a tire shop telling you that the fact the tread is falling off your tires is due to the fact that you need an alignment, and then recommending you go get your vehicle aligned. Yes, it could be due to that. However, it may also be the fact that the tread is just simply falling off! What a joke.

The job of any software development firm to ensure the compatibility of their software with the OS's on the market and to ensure that they update their software when necessary and/or provide solutions to such problems. Rather then to tell you to ... go see a technician as they should be able to sort it out.

I can tell you this. My computer does not have a virus. Nor do I even have any other software installed. So, it cannot be a conflict of drivers, etc. I'm going to do some digging on this and I'll come back and post what I find out. Because it doesn't sound to me like they have an interest in assisting you with a solution. That's too bad.

Their a small company. Last time I had to call them, I spoke to a guy in California (I think), and he said that it was just him and like one other guy in their. And that time when I contacted them it was due to some other silly-stupid thing. Oh, yeah. For whatever reasons, somebody at the company thought that it would be a good idea to set a limit to how many times you can install the program on the same computer. S-T-U-P-I-D. That's what it was. So, I couldn't install it. I had to contact them and they reset the serial. What a pain in the ***.

Plus, the software they put out isn't the kind of software you use everyday. So, back then I would install it, use it, then uninstall it to keep my comp running lean and free up space. Apparently, nobody at the company anticipated a memory conscious customer. lol. That's the kind of crap I'd expect to see from Adobe or some other self righteous over-priced software manufacturer.

Like I said, I'll post a fix if I find one. Terribly frustrating. Exclamation
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

StoneThrower (8/19/2011)
That error message has NOTHING to do with a virus. I just had my brand new pc delivered today. Straight out of the box, the first piece of software I installed was Crazy Talk. Yet, I cannot use it because I'm prompted with the same message. Specifically:

Window Title (Top left of window - above message): CTIEMain

"Full duplex-sound card required, check your sound device settings and try again."

Now, I'll tell you, I do a lot of design work and I run very process intensive programs concurrently on my systems. The new PC I bought, was not your $300 dollar Wal-mart or Office Depot special. Its loaded. High end graphics card - 2gb, and a premium sound card with extra fittings, adapters, and multifunction capabilities. Its also not a generic PC. Its an HP (Hewlett-Packard).

So, the fact that I saw an "Administrator," just told you to go see a technician, is like a tire shop telling you that the fact the tread is falling off your tires is due to the fact that you need an alignment, and then recommending you go get your vehicle aligned. Yes, it could be due to that. However, it may also be the fact that the tread is just simply falling off! What a joke.

The job of any software development firm to ensure the compatibility of their software with the OS's on the market and to ensure that they update their software when necessary and/or provide solutions to such problems. Rather then to tell you to ... go see a technician as they should be able to sort it out.

I can tell you this. My computer does not have a virus. Nor do I even have any other software installed. So, it cannot be a conflict of drivers, etc. I'm going to do some digging on this and I'll come back and post what I find out. Because it doesn't sound to me like they have an interest in assisting you with a solution. That's too bad.

Their a small company. Last time I had to call them, I spoke to a guy in California (I think), and he said that it was just him and like one other guy in their. And that time when I contacted them it was due to some other silly-stupid thing. Oh, yeah. For whatever reasons, somebody at the company thought that it would be a good idea to set a limit to how many times you can install the program on the same computer. S-T-U-P-I-D. That's what it was. So, I couldn't install it. I had to contact them and they reset the serial. What a pain in the ***.

Plus, the software they put out isn't the kind of software you use everyday. So, back then I would install it, use it, then uninstall it to keep my comp running lean and free up space. Apparently, nobody at the company anticipated a memory conscious customer. lol. That's the kind of crap I'd expect to see from Adobe or some other self righteous over-priced software manufacturer.

Like I said, I'll post a fix if I find one. Terribly frustrating. Exclamation

If you read the original post you will see that it is the user themselves that states they have a virus. They are not asking if they have a virus they state they already one.

When you have a virus it is vital that you sort that out before trying to fix individual problems you may be having with your software. This is because a virus can seriously affect system files and cause no end of strange problems. As the user did not come back with the same problem after getting her computer fixed no further advice on the problem was given.

You also state that an Administrator (that's me) told the user to see a technician. That statement is totally incorrect as I did not do that all at so please don't make such claims. Again the OP stated that they were already having a technician to look at the virus problem.

So while all feedback is welcomed, good or bad, please try to be accurate in your comments.

Now with regards to your own problems. If you require Support you should use the Support Form linked below. The Support team are based in Taipei (not the US) so you should get the answers you are looking for if you contact them.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

StoneThrower
Smile
StoneThrower
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

>>BOWING BEFORE ALL-MIGHTY ADMIN<<

Yes, Mr. Peter, you are correct. You did not specifically tell the member to "go see a technician." I was mistaken. What you actually did was, rather then research the error message or request other feedback from other members, users, and customers, you then promptly and confidently indicated that you thought that the reason why the member received the error message was due to "a problem with your sound card and CrazyTalk detected this on startup."

You then, indicated that once the computer is cleaned up the issue should resolve itself. Oh, there I go paraphrasing again. Here's your words: "Once you get your computer cleaned up of any viruses you should find the situation improves, although you may still need to install drivers."

And then, yes in deed, the portion of your commentary that I referred to in my last posting that apparently aroused your attention, and I quote: "Your computer repairman should be able to sort all that out."

You of course go on to state the obvious and refer the member a link, "In future I would advise you simply install some virus protection such as the free Security Essentials from Microsoft. This will prevent your computer from being infected again. You can find it HERE if interested."

Now, Peter, I'm not bothered by your commentary. In fact, I could really careless. I just merely pointed out that the error message has nothing to do with a virus. I further insinuated that it was unlikely to be an audio card error as I just received a brand new computer and I too, was receiving the same error message.

Did I express a lack of contentment towards the response you left. Yes, as the first amendment of the constitution of the United States permits me to do, I expressed myself freely. You see, I'm in the United States, we tend to do that from time to time over here without fear of execution. Though, I suspect that you're from the United States. If so, it should be no surprise to you that while we may express our thoughts freely, we can reasonably anticipate reprisal, rebuttal, opposing opinions, and other rhetoric to the contrary.

SO, thank you for responding. That was very helpful to all other customers of this product line who may be experiencing the very same situation.

As a long time customer, (long-time as in since you first opened shop with Crazy Talk), I would like to kindly recommend that in the future, the company be more focused on attempting to find a solution rather then stating some non-solution orientated answer such as: "If you require Support you should use the Support Form linked below." Or much worse yet, attempting to debate with a customer in a forum over tis and tat and the like. Customer service still matters in the year 2011. Remember the old addage "the customer is always right." There was a reason that the mantra became broiler plated in commerce.

Clearly, I could contact support. In fact, as you may have suspected, I already have. Of course, they were as helpful as your input has been. But, then again, isn't that one of the reasons we have forums? Right? So, if you don't find a solution and the company does not have one readily available, you can unite with fellow users, members, and customers in an attempt to seek a resolution and learn from one another? Oh yeah, I think that would be right.

I noticed you didn't tell the first member who reported the error to contact support if they need help. Perhaps, acting with admin capabilities and responsibilities, isn't really up your alley. In fact, I fully expect that you'll delete this thread within 24 hours rather than simply apologizing and attempting to resolve the issue. I certainly hope that I don't receive notice of another ego-tantric reply.

Since you're admin, just e-mail me directly if you take issue with anything I've posted in this solution focused forum.

Meanwhile, for all others who are experiencing this issue, like I stated before, I will respond when I find a solution.
Edited
13 Years Ago by StoneThrower
StoneThrower
StoneThrower
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Oh yeah, one last thing. As any person relatively familiar with forums should know, the fact that somebody doesn't reply after receiving feedback, is hardly confirmation or evidence that the issue has been resolved. Millions of people world-wide engage a topic on various forums regarding various topics and issues, to only never return. However, the threads continue to go on and on, merely because so many others are experiencing the same and seeking a solution.

Just my last two cents there Chief.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Stonethrower

Thank you for apologising for the mistakes you made in your first post. I appreciate that.

I would just like reiterate a point I made previously which you may have missed. If someone has a virus on their computer then that needs to be addressed first before any issues they are having with CrazyTalk can be addressed.

Surely you realise that it would be pointless directing the user to the Support team while they have  this major issue with a virus. Of course once the virus problem is resolved then we can move on to the software issue if it still continues.

Honestly I'm not exactly sure why you are so angry but if I can help you with any problems (software related) you may be having then please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for your feedback

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

StoneThrower
StoneThrower
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

No apology. I was being facetious. Here's the link to look it up: CLICK HERE

I'm not angry "Peter." Not at all. I'm just merely responding to the commentary. Yes, clearly a virus issue should be resolved and the best way to do so, is to re-format.

However, that's not exactly what we were talking about, now was it? We were talking about the error message. I pointed out that you presumed that it was virus related. Which you did. Yes, the member indicated that they thought that they had a virus and they may in fact have. However, I merely pointed out that you simply presumed that it was the virus at fault for the error message without conducting any research whatsoever or deferring to other members.

I suppose its a novel effort to be of use, assistance, or make it appear so, to suggest that they are doing the right thing by having a tech come out. That's wonderful. Here's your pat on the back... slap - slap. Now, unless you seriously have something constructive to add to the forum, for the sake of all customers, set aside your urges to fruitlessly respond with the sarcasm and just leave this thread to the customers. I'm sure we'll be able to handle it from here.

Thanks,

A Patron
Edited
13 Years Ago by StoneThrower

Reading This Topic