Re-install iClone

Posted By mark 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mark
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 33 minutes ago
Thinking it's maybe time for a re-install of iClone Pro on my 32bit XP system. It's gettin' a bit more buggy than usual so I don't think it would hurt to re-install. My question is there a good way to do this and not risk the projects and content already associated with the current install?

Thanks for any advice!
mp

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
from my experience it doesn't uninstall the assets , just the software part but it's always highly recommended to back up your library. I've been able to simply install my library manually - i did it because i had my library organized a certain way .. I find that the only real difference.between the iclone template library and the custom library is that the software itself add's additional copy / paste / overwrite functions in the custom area within the software. once iclone finished it's install i just re added my library to the right locations and they showed up. You may have to re-validate your purchased content though because sometimes they get reset. - Good luck

Edited
14 Years Ago by planetstardragon
mark
mark
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Thanks! I have never "re-validated" though...what's involved with that?
mp

PROMO-BACK2

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
im not sure why but the stuff I got from back stage looked as if they were new again and I had to click on them so they would be unlocked with the RL servers. It's really no biggie, more an annoyance than anything.

Oh, make sure you are online when you uninstall so you don't lose an install. cheers Smile

mark
mark
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ah! Thanks so much!
mp

PROMO-BACK2

Reading This Topic