Drag & Drop Photoshop Files for Layered Scenes

Posted By Brickhumme 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Brickhumme
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Playing with the demo, I was hoping to import a layered PSD file so I could manipulate the layers in 3D space...but no dice.

Exporting individual layers as PNG files worked fine...but was more time consuming.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Add that to export characters with each body piece on a seperate layer as well for more easily accessible custom character creation.
gregory.houston
gregory.houston
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
I would like to see the same requests for Adobe Illustrator files, particularly for creating characters. I've been procrastinating for the last hour trying to get myself to save each body part as an SWF and then import them one at a time and in the correct order.

Maybe the layers in the Illustrator file could be labeled so as to match up with the part names of a dumby character, and so importing the AI file would then replace the parts in a dumby character that have the same name. Also, it would be excellent if they were all imported to scale with each other. They would still need to be positioned correctly within CTA, but this would save a tremendous amount of time.

You could even provide an Illustrator file with a demo character in it with all the layers labeled correctly.

There could also be a layer for the complete character, or you could combine all the layers in order to create a "prop character" to align everything to.

Cheers!
Edited
13 Years Ago by gregory.houston

Reading This Topic