Iclone 4 content - can you flatten avitars and use in CTA

Posted By rogerschechter 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Iclone 4 content - can you flatten avitars and use in CTA

Author
rogerschechter
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 Years Ago
I have Iclone 4 and at times I just want to create a more simple annimation, using CTA.  I have a good amount of avatars for Iclone 4, G1, G2 and G3 characters.  Can i flatten them and save/export them for use in CTA?  Of course I could save static images, and use actor creator to make them move, but I could therefore also take any of the zillions of pictures I have and make them move - lots of work.  The character libraries for purchase for CTA are minimal at the moment, it would be nice to expand my CTA people library with Iclone avatars.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
While I cannot speak for RL, I find it highly doubtful there'll ever be a direct path from an iClone 3D character and be able to import and use it as a 2D character in CTA.  Based on everything seen and available today, the reccommended approach will be to pose your iClone character in the best position, export as an image and step through the full body photo fitting.
Nop3D
Nop3D
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
In the opposite side, is it possible to make iclone with simpler animation similar to CTA ?

If Reallusion can do, I think iclone is more flexible.
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Nop3D (12/3/2010)
In the opposite side, is it possible to make iclone with simpler animation similar to CTA ?

If Reallusion can do, I think iclone is more flexible.

Yes, you can flatten an animated iClone character using popVideo, and then import the 2D character animation into CTA Prop... as a prop.

EDIT: once the character/prop is in, you can apply transforms to the scale, proportions, rotation, and z-depth. You can even chain props together, so you could manually simulate iClone accessories in CTAP.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Edited
14 Years Ago by Paumanok West

Reading This Topic