Guidelines For CloneCloth Submission in Marketplace

Posted By Peter (RL) 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago

The Guidelines of CloneCloth Submission in Marketplace

The iClone CloneCloth character packs are base models for cloth design. All developers can take any CloneCloth character as a base to design new clothes for both male and female characters.  However, all CloneCloth characters and materials that are applied to the models are DRM protected, therefore please follow the guidelines below if you want to use CloneCloth to create content and upload your creation in the Marketplace or Content Store. 

How to Make Material Files (Recommended)

When you use the “Template” material to design your cloth, please follow this tutorial.

1) Apply the base model character that you are going to use (i.e. C247A_Trey_Overcoat 02 & Baggy A)
2) Go to Avatar/Upper
3) Load the template material file (i.e. C247A Trey Overcoat 02 Upper Template Map )
4) In the Modify window, click on Diffuse and click on the Launch button.

5) Edit the texture anyway you want.
6) Save as new file in jpg format. (i.e. New_Trey_Overcoat02.jpg)
7) Repeat steps 3 to 6 for all the other channels that you wish to edit (i.e. Opacity, Bump, etc.)
8) Apply the base model character again.
9) Go to Avatar/Upper
10) Double click on the channel that you have edited and apply the jpg file that you just saved for the respective channel.
11) When you are done with all the channels, press the Save Material button and save as new the file. (i.e. New_Trey_Overcoat02.iMtl.)

Repeat step 3 – 11 for lower and shoes.
Now you have all the material files ready for sale.

How to Make Character Files

1) Apply the base model (i.e. C247A_Trey_Overcoat 02 & Baggy A)
2) Load the material that you have obtained from the How to Make Material Files section to the character.
3) You now have a character ready for sale.
4) Please note that user will need to purchase the base model if you saved your content as “character”.

Why do I have to follow these steps?

All materials in CloneCloth character packs are DRM protected.  If you just edit the original material and replace it, the DRM mark will remain in that material.  This means that user will need to purchase all the source files included in your content even though you have already replaced it with a different texture.  The easiest way to avoid this issue is to follow the guidelines explained above and create a new material and save it as a separate material file. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hey Peter, about a month ago, someone at RL, perhaps you, mentioned that some changes were coming for CloneCloth.

But the tone of that tease made it sound considerably more fun than the announcement above, regardless of how helpful and necessary that one is.

Is this the last word on CloneCloth for a while, or are we in for a treat?

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi Pau..

The "tease" was made by me and the message above isn't it so don't worry. Sadly I can't say much more but you can expect a "new look" to CloneCloth coming soon.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic