Profile Picture

Cannot get into backstage or the login curse

Posted By mmhbcn 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mmhbcn
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
I bought, installed and run CTA standard. When I try to get into backstage I'm prompted to input my e-mail and pass to login, but log in fails every time saying serial number is not found.
When I go to my account I see the program is there. If I ask for the serial to be resend I'm prompted to log in but I'm already logged in. I cannot send a ticket for support when logged in because I'm asked to login, and so on.

What now?.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Have you tried registering your Crazytalk Animator serial number in your account? If so what happens when you do? Does it say this serial is already registered?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mmhbcn
mmhbcn
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)

Peter (RL) (11/26/2010)
Have you tried registering yourCrazytalk Animator serial number in your account? If so what happens when you do? Does it say this serial is already registered?

Yes, I tried this too and the answer is the serial is already registered. After that I can do nothing else because it starts the login thing.

I don't know what is wrong but just now I have to answer your message using the "post quoted reply" since when I tried to use the simple add reply option I could not because "I have to login first" when obviously I am in already.
rgathje
rgathje
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
  I was just going to live with it again but there may be an issue with login. At the Reallusion main page and forum I am logged in but if I go to the account page, backstage, Market place or any new page it ask me to login again. Have you tried just logging in and seeing if you can do what you want.
mmhbcn
mmhbcn
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

rgathje, seems we are in the same boat because you describe all my pains.

Just before entering this forum (this means I was not logged in yet) I ran CTA and tried to access backstage, but no way: login fails and serial number is not found. As a matter of fact it happened also with backstage in iClone some time ago and I contacted support but their answer did not solve anything, so I gave up. Now it happens the same with CTA, the difference being that now I cannot even contact the support team because I have to login and... well, you know the rest.

Regards.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

mmhbcn (11/27/2010)
Peter (RL) (11/26/2010)
Have you tried registering yourCrazytalk Animator serial number in your account? If so what happens when you do? Does it say this serial is already registered?

Yes, I tried this too and the answer is the serial is already registered. After that I can do nothing else because it starts the login thing.

I don't know what is wrong but just now I have to answer your message using the "post quoted reply" since when I tried to use the simple add reply option I could not because "I have to login first" when obviously I am in already.

Hi..

As you have had this problem previously I do think it may be related to some security software or the security settings that you have on your computer. For example do you have your Windows security settings at a level that would prevent cookies being stored? This could account for why you are constantly asked to login because no record can be saved on your computer that you are already logged in.

It could also be possibly down to a firewall or other security software you have installed. If these are set to block access to certain sites then this also could be the problem. A quick check of your settings in Control Panel - System And Security might point you in the right direction.

One other thing that might be worth checking if you can is to try to login to your account or the forum from another computer. Obviously you won't be able to use BackStage but you could see if you are constantly asked to login using another system.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

RL Tech Support
RL Tech Support
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Please do make sure that the serial number in your CTA application is the one you registered with your current login email member account. Plus, when you login to Backstage, you must use the same email member account for backstage to identify.

RL Tech Support
mmhbcn
mmhbcn
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

RL Tech Support (11/29/2010)
Please do make sure that the serial number in your CTA application is the one you registered with your current login email member account. Plus, when you login to Backstage, you must use the same email member account for backstage to identify.

RL Tech Support

All this is obvious, thank you.
mmhbcn
mmhbcn
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

[b]Peter (RL)
One other thing that might be worth checking if you can is to try to login to your account or the forum from another computer. Obviously you won't be able to use BackStage but you could see if you are constantly asked to loginusing anothersystem.

I have logged in from another computer without problem, surfing from my account to the forum, from the forum to the content store, ordered one pack and I would have been able to pay for it had I not cancelled the operation. Just to make sure, I have now done exactly the same things with the computer I regularly use, coming back to this forum from the content store, all this with the only initial login.

As for the security settings, I have even dissabled everything and tried to enter the CAT backstage, but no way.

Well, maybe there is something wrong with my security settings, or the computer, or my own skills. But I can tell you that the settings, the computers and my capabilities could cope so far with all the many products I have been buying for years from very different companies.

Thanks anyway for your time and attention.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi mmhbcn,

If you can login successfully on a different computer then clearly the issue must be related to a setting or some software that is installed on the problem one.

I'm not sure which browser you are using but it might be worth clearing all your cookies and your temporary internet files just in case this makes a difference (unlikely). Also if you are using a router to connect to broadband you may have some kind of additional security set at the router end that may be preventing permanent access to the Reallusion websites and services. Again worth checking just in case.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic