My Top 3 Wishes

Posted By Samulis 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Samulis
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Historical Content Creator

Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
To keep from wasting everyone's time, I took my list of ideas and took the top three (a process that took a surprisingly large amount of time although the amount to decide on was not very large). Here they are.

1. High-Quality Self-Cast Shadow
-16,384x16,384 (4x the current highest) resolution (or higher... or use other shapes to do the lighting than triangles (optional)).
-Better blur effect
Why?
-Allows for very high quality shots and stunning scenes instead of triangle-covered characters and walls.
-When working with very accurate scenes, regular drop-shadow doesn't do the trick.
-Computers are evolving, most computers can handle this option.

2. Surround Sound/Stereo SFX (5- or 3- direction system)*
-Allow for a MUCH better audio system by letting stereo effects (speech on certain sides of the screen due to character placement, volume by distance, attaching sounds to characters so those sounds appear in that place).
-Ability to render stereo/mono and differing bitrates of audio.
-Cleaner and more flexible audio importer and in-program real-time player.
-More control of music (pitch changer, timeline editing feature, etc.)
Why?
-Less post-production work required.
-Allows for much more realistic feel.

3. Physics (customizable engine with global gravity, wind, etc. as well as on-character physics for motions)
-A new interface that allows the user to select options for global options.
-An optional system that allows waves to be controlled by the wind.
-Collision detection/correction on elements of the mesh, not just the bounding box and like (e.g. arm hits clothes, so arm stops moving in that direction).
-Simpler particle controls (e.g. visual controls such as an arrow in the editor window that shows the direction of the particle effect).
Why?
-Would allow a MUCH more realistic world.

I hope Reallusion is able to at least think about these three wishes. It'd be wonderful if even just one of them was added. Smile

Thanks,
-Samulis

*I am removing this from the list. I think some good points were brought up and this isn't necessary. Smile

Samersania Film Studios - Historical Content - Recommended Resources - Albums

Edited
14 Years Ago by Samulis
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Alright, I can vouch for two of the three of these.

Better shadows, shading, and blurring... GREAT IDEA.

Physics... I'm going to assume you missed my threads on physics... they were pretty indepth and by the way, RL said physics are in the next version.

Now... for the sound... As a sound designer, I have to say one thing...

While sound is VERY important... iClone is for GRAPHICS. Now while other game engines have all sorts of things for sound in them that can sound really great... this is because they NEED to reproduce the sound in realtime... iClone doesn't.

If more sound options are going to be there... they should do it too the fullest... that means full filter autimation, reverb spheres and the whole 9 years. Ambiant sound falloff distances and everything...

While I find sound REALLY important, I think they should focus more on the graphics and visual end.

I mean, think about Adobe After Effects or 3DS Max... sure they have SOME things to do with sound, but they don't have a full 5.1 mixer because they know it can be done in post.

People keep saying they want iClone to be more like a 3D movie production software... not a game engine. So like every other 3D and video editing software, the details of sound is done in post... just sayin'.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Samulis
Samulis
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)

Because I don't have much experience in sound except in flash animations, where all the sound is done in pre-production, I'm more keen to be able to throw together something in one solid place so I don't have to keep a notecard lying around with time-stamps on it marking when clips come in and so on. However, you do bring up a good point- sometimes it's easier to keep away from a new horizon when it can already and is generally already done in a far easier setting. Smile

Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hello Samulis,

You have some great wishes here and Reallusion do listen to their customers so you never know?  However I have stated before personally I'm not ready for iClone 5 and so my view is different to say Dreamcube.

Sound is something that I will always do in post; I compose music and arrange sound design after editing, so that feature would be wasted on me.

Better shadow and light is always welcomed and a physics engine to boot would be amazing.  I do wonder what the pricing would be for such a product and considering they have introduced 3D (Which I think was a mistake), would we have a better project – Jack of all trades master of none.

What I’m saying is, I want iClone to be the best 3D animation studio in the world, not a compositor, not a sound designer, not a presentation tool, but a straight forward, award winning, God damn brilliant animation studio!

Cape!

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Edited
14 Years Ago by Capemedia
safegaard
safegaard
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I just whish i could bone rig avatars whitout buying 3dmax (whish i cant afford )Smile

For the love of 3d http://www.safegaard.com
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

*in harsh voice* CAKES to 3DS Max. You can rig things pretty easily in Blender or some other cheapter software.

***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Apparition
Apparition
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hey Capemedia!!!! Why you think introducing 3D was a mistake?

Please elaborate on your concept. I find 3D rendering an EXCELLENT addition!

Why? Well... It is the NEXT strong field for producers to release NEW material. 3D TV sets are just around the corner. IT is a strongly growing industry. There are even silly "conversion" services where they supposedly convert 2D video to 3D format ???? (amusing fad!!!)

Since I introduced 3D concepts in my teaching programs at school, students have developed a great new interest in the subject. They even invested in purchasing 150 pairs of anaglyph glasses!

As 3D video (movie) design has great differences with flat movies, and creates new challenges, it opens new avenues for educational services.

Corporate communication is taking a look at 3D demonstrations for better industrial training, service and operation video manuals.

I guess adding 3D to iClone and CrazyTalk was a VERY clever move! Cool

Mike

Mike Aparicio-Reallusion Certified Innovative Content Developer

Edited
14 Years Ago by Apparition
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
As always thanks for the great feedback and suggestions. iClone Physics is planned for the next version and hopefully there will be more to tell soon. In the meantime keep your suggestions coming. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

3D may be cool... but somehow... I can't help but think it's kind of a fad. Unless it becomes easier to do without glasses, I can't imagine everyone taking glasses with them everywhere all the time.

However, I do realize that it's pretty big so I'll not commpletly toss it out the window just yet. I'll keep an eye on it.

***BEST OF THE CORE**

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Samulis
Samulis
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Indeed, it almost reminds me of Hi-Q VHS tapes... I think virtual reality and such will overtake standard 3D within the next 10-15 years, but it is for now a very useful feature as those tapes once were. Smile

Reading This Topic