Posted By airdsey 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Setup has found a previous installation of iclone 4 in your system

Author
airdsey
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I have recently purchased the iclone 4.3 upgrade for existing iclone 3 users.

I have endlessly tried to run the download and it gives me this message,

Setup has found a previous installation of iclone 4 in your system.
please uninstall the previous version befire running setup again.

setup program will now terminate.

I have removed all reallusion software etc I did have iclone 4 EX installed ran regedit all folders have been removed, customer services sent me regclean tool that doesnt work that says however no luck tried the cleanreg and it gives me this message "The System cannot find the file specified"

has anybody else had this type of problem?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi..

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having installing iClone4.

I would advise you keep in touch with Support and let them know that you still have this problem. They will continue to help you get this issue resolved.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

sunshinefun1
sunshinefun1
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
I am so frustrated. I have repeatedly tried to reinstall my crazytalk and keep getting the exact same error as you have,"setup has found a previous installation" etc. etc. I have spent mega time to remove any and all remnants of the previous install to no avail. I have run registry cleaners, deleted registry files, duplicate files, and even tried to system restore to a previous known good date when it was working...nothing is helping.

I have crazytalk6 and cannot get it to install whatsoever after removing it due to other computer problems etc. Everything else works fine except this stupid reallusion ct program.

I'm done!
colour
colour
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Welcome to the ForumSmile

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........................ Just a thought; It Could be a Windows Installer problem. Several similar Posts in the Pinnacle Studio NLE Video Editing Forum. Uninstalling Windows Installer, Downloading Windows Installer Clean-Up utility & then Re-Installing Windows Installer fixes it over there. Can be a complicated process.

Contact Reallusion Support anyway, suggesting what I've Posted.

In the meantime & if I have the timeWink, I'll have a look at the Pinnacle Studio Forum Threads re; that.

BTW - I have the Windows Installer Cleanup EXE File.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
14 Years Ago by colour
sunshinefun1
sunshinefun1
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Wow, that's so very nice of you...I appreciate your time...really nice! I will look into that too...I'm just so tired of it all right now, and ready to chuck it...lol...but maybe a few more tries..really I spent so much time in the registry, deleting every single instance of the program, and searching in the registry, or in files and folders produces no more instances, and that is what is confusing me. I even tried a system restore point to a time all was fine...to no avail..thank you thank you though!!!
colour
colour
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
sunshinefun1 (11/8/2010)
Wow, that's so very nice of you...I appreciate your time...really nice! I will look into that too...I'm just so tired of it all right now, and ready to chuck it...lol...but maybe a few more tries..really I spent so much time in the registry, deleting every single instance of the program, and searching in the registry, or in files and folders produces no more instances, and that is what is confusing me. I even tried a system restore point to a time all was fine...to no avail..thank you thank you though!!!
I had a quick look last night. The most recent Post I was thinking of, referred to another problem. However I'm pretty sure that your's is an MSI problem as stated. I'll keep looking for a relevant Thread. 

The reason why I have MSI Cleanup EXE File, is that I & others  had problems Installing/Reinstalling Pinnacle Studio 12 & 14, which need .NETframeworks 2 & 3.5 respectively. However you need all of the previous Version, including Updates already Installed. If you don't, you can't Install the current Versions. There's a Sevice Pack that includes the previos Versions. Howver that didn't always work. Hence the reason for Re-Installing MSI Installer & Running the MSI Cleanup Utlity. As recommended by MS. Not your particular problem, though.

System Restore only takes a Snapshot of your System at regular intervals & is a Diagnostic Tool, for seeing if a recent Program Installation is the cause of a malfunction in say eg; CrazyTalk. Restoring to an earlier date, won't necessarily fix a problem within CrazyTalk. Many Windows OS Users (Including Myself) Disable System Restore, to conserve HDD space & System Resources. 

I'll keep looking. I know what I'm looking for & will Post-back, if & when I find it.

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

sunshinefun1
sunshinefun1
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Oh did not know that about the system restore...but yes you're right, it did not work. TY again for your time and your effort! I don't know if this could have been causing it or not, but I just had trojans on my computer. I ran Malwarebytes program to remove them. So I'll have to try again after I'm sure all the spyware is gone.

*yawning, stretching*, do I really want to start my day doing this again? Thanks much Smile

And btw, I lol at that cute halloween vid of Pinhead...too cute!
Edited
14 Years Ago by sunshinefun1
sach.arora001
sach.arora001
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Hi Newbie. I can try to solve your problem. follow these steps :

Go to C drive : Program files : Common files : Reallusion : Downloader : cta1

then double click on sub folder cta1

It might show program failded to load. click on ok

and you get ur program run

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hello SF1,
Here is the best registry cleaner I have found. The issue you suffer from was cured by this. Dont take that as a Magic Potion though, all systems differ.

GLARYSOFT REGISTRY CLEANER : FREE

My concern is - if you have de-installed iClone what is there left for the updater to update, it wont find anything?

Also, some of the new firewalls wont let install programs see the registry. Dont ask me why, Windows H8 is like that in some instances. It brings about all manner of Latin errors. Angry

Also, did you run scandisk on your install drive. Patronising question but sometimes broken sectors play their wierd havocs.

Armstrong.

Reading This Topic