A crash followed by inability to run iclone

Posted By thebiz.movies 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
thebiz.movies
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hey folks, I was working on a scene using the MLB baseball pack.  I took a swing animation and cut it in half and then expanded one of the halves.  My brand new computer (been working with iclone for about a week on this computer and no problems till now) then rebooted itself.  No warning, no blue screen just a hard reboot.  Now when I try to run iclone i get this message:

Runtime error

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application support team for more info.

So no more iclone.  Boo.  Any ideas?  I ewill send the support people a ticket tonight.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Edited
14 Years Ago by thebiz.movies
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
If you have sent in a Support Ticket then you should hear back soon. You may find that the quickest way to resolve this will be to uninstall iClone (if it allows you to) and then reinstall. Your currently installed content will be maintained after an uninstall but making a backup is advised just in case.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

I figured as much. Wasn't looking forward to another install after just installing it last weekend. Will try to re-install this weekend. Sigh. The troubles of an animator.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh dear...

Uninstalled, reinstalled.  Same error popup.  Havent heard anything from support.  Ideas?

3dExchangeV2 gives me the same error when I try to run it.  I suppose I will try to reinstall that as well.

Update:  Another program alerted me to the fact that my calender was now set to 2093.  I updated the date and now I seem to be able to run Iclone.  Bizarre.  Whatever caused the original reboot seems to have reset my date.  I will test more this weekend to make sure this is indeed the issue and no other problems linger.  Weird eh...

Edited
colour
colour
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
thebiz.movies (10/28/2010)
Oh dear...

Uninstalled, reinstalled.  Same error popup.  Havent heard anything from support.  Ideas?

3dExchangeV2 gives me the same error when I try to run it.  I suppose I will try to reinstall that as well.

Update:  Another program alerted me to the fact that my calender was now set to 2093.  I updated the date and now I seem to be able to run Iclone.  Bizarre.  Whatever caused the original reboot seems to have reset my date.  I will test more this weekend to make sure this is indeed the issue and no other problems linger.  Weird eh...

If your Pc's Calender is reset to an earlier or later date, then the  Installation "Date Stamp"  for Installed Programs is out of synchronisation & many won't function correctly, especially those with annual renewals eg; Antivirus Programs etc, when you'll be prompted to Renew the Applicatioin & that the Application License has expired & you can no longer use it.

That, together with your RunTime Error & PC automatically Re-Booting, suggests to me that you have Malware loading at SartUp & "Filling-up" your RAM. Those are well-known classic symptoms of Malware on a PC.

You need to Run both Antivirus & AntiSpyware Full Scans, PDQ.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
14 Years Ago by colour
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Sorry to hear your problems.

With regards 3d Exchange I know at one time that happened to me and also shygirl if I recall.

If I remember correct once I reinstalled the direct x and the C++ stuff it worked fine.

Perhaps Peter if he reads this could confirm that redoing these can help.

Duchess Designs Store 

Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Allow me to suggest that since you just change to a brand new PC, you may have a flaky Mother board and/or your Motherboard Battery may be loose or be on a socket that is flaky..Smile

That could also explain why your clock was reset, rare but possible... I hope that is not the case...

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Bigboss (10/29/2010)
Allow me to suggest that since you just change to a brand new PC, you may have a flaky Mother board and/or your Motherboard Battery may be loose or be on a socket that is flaky..Smile

That could also explain why your clock was reset, rare but possible... I hope that is not the case...

That idea gives me halloween sized shivers.

Interestingly, I installed Muvizu last night which also installed the C++ and Direct X things (which is what the support reply said as well). Therefore I suppose that could be the fix instead of the changing of the date.

Thanks for the thoughts folks. I will install and run Norton tonight. Then will see whats what (mattress man). Heres hoping this is a non-issue.

Edited
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am now crashing about every 5 minutes of Iclone usage. Seemingly random as theres no particular event/project that is causing the crash. And by crashing, Im talking about freezing up and hard booting the computer. Computer works all day with no crashing in other programs. Ive turned off all the programs that start on boot. Computer is one month old.

Intel Core i7-740QM 1.73GHz Processor with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz
6MB Cache
8GB DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM
1000GB (2 x 500GB) 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M Graphics with 1536MB DDR5 Video Memory

I'm not the most technical fellow. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can trouble shoot this issue?

Super frustrated.

Edited
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
if i was going over your computer, I'd do the following steps,

1 - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner ccleaner cleans out your temp files, as well as your registry, these may have funky files ....or you 'may' have malware in your system ? ( or possibly failing components , but first check the least expensive route with these tools )

2 - http://www.malwarebytes.org/ scan your system for possible malware

3 - http://www.revouninstaller.com/ they have a free uninstaller, that cleans out better than the stock windows uninstallers, this helps with programs that may be interfering with your normal system function. a corrupt file loaded to memory can cause trouble.

4 - Update your adobe flash software, www.adobe.com

5 - Make sure you have the latest Java version, www.java.com ( open the control panel click Java, click advanced settings, then under "Temporary internet Files" select "settings" then "delete temporary internet files" this will also clear any potential mal functioning java files.

6 - make sure your os is up to date.

7 -If after this you do not see an improvement, you have to start doing testing for any failing components, such as video cards, ram card, hard drive / bad sectors, mother board as mentioned in another post - which a failing bios battery will change / reset the date - usually to the past when it was first created , not the future.

I hope this helps, you have to set a path to troubleshoot effectively ....start with software , after you go down the checklist, then start with hardware.

- one more -

Dust can become a conductor and cause shorts in your computer, if by chance your computer hasn't been opened in a long time, it may be advisable to get a can of compressed air and possibly a vacuum cleaner fitted with a small / appropriate hose if there is are dust bunnies! Be sure to unplug your computer and wait at least 10 minutes for the power supply to lose any charge before you begin to clean, also make sure you are static free, touch something metal ...as static kills computers too. Dust is a major killer of otherwise functional computers, it kills the ventilation and causes shorts...there is a chance, all be it small, that your system may be shorting from dust build up as well. computer components fail and overheat from lack of ventilation as well. Again, it's not likelly, but a dusty motherboard can cause errors as you have mentioned , as well as failing drives.

Good luck.

Edited
14 Years Ago by planetstardragon

Reading This Topic