Argile 2 and 3d exchange.

Posted By dance 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dance
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
I want to take a photo into Argile and make a face. If Argile only exports in obj format dors this mean I can only export it as a Prop from 3dx to Iclone? Which means I wouldn't be able to do facial Animation with it.

Am I correct?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Dance,

If you are using 3DXchange4 then you can use the Export Head option. This will give you an OBJ format head to work with and shape. Once completed you import the head back to 3DXchange4 in OBJ format and then export it from 3DX4 to iClone4. Once in iClone you add the new shape to an existing G4 head as a morph. Finally you can save the completed head.

This is all explained in the tutorial below, which although aimed at ZBrush users, does explain the process of working with OBJ format head morphs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CimCc4f4Mc0

Hope this helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
There is actually another way, where you sculpt and replace the actual head, rather than creating a morph.
  1. Import your avatar into 3DXchange.
  2. In the tree on the left, select Face.
  3. On the right, click Export Mesh. This will create an obj file that you can sculpt.
  4. Import the file into Argile (or any other sculpting program that accepts .obj files).
  5. Do your sculpting as desired (be careful not to use any options that change the number of faces).
  6. In Argile, choose Export to save the changes back to an obj file.
  7. In 3DXchange, make sure that Face is still selected and click Replace Mesh.
  8. Select the obj file you just saved and click Open.
  9. The newly sculpted head will be applied.
  10. Export the avatar back into iClone.

I just read that you want to take a photo into Argile. You might be more successful by doing any face mapping in iClone first and then following the procedure outlined above.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
14 Years Ago by zuijlen
dance
dance
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)Veteran Member (864 reputation)

Thanks for your help.

Will I be able to use facial animation to make it talk?

animagic
animagic
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Yes, assuming that you start out with a character that allows for facial animation (Trey, Violet, etc.), this capability is maintained after sculpting.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

dance
dance
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Would someone tell me how to paint the texture from a photo onto the Head in Argile?

The tut has no sound and I am at a loss as to how to do it.

Edited
14 Years Ago by dance
dance
dance
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Anyone ????????

Reading This Topic