The four anime band girls stop my iClone from working

Posted By martok2112 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
martok2112
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I'd downloaded the four anime band girls a few months ago, and recently, they've been causing my iClone to stop working whenever I try to put them in a scene. It does this with every band girl....Kana, Kanon, Rizumu, and the other chick. The load bar will go halfway, and then I get the notice "iClone AP has stopped working."

I've even tried redownloading the characters.....same bullcrap.

What gives? It does this on both my machines. My laptop and my desktop....so clearly it's a flaw with the characters, or the current version of iClone! Or both!

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 minutes ago
Sorry to hear of your problems but sadly I can't reproduce the problem you are having. All the characters load fine in iClone 4.3 for me. Do you have your version of iClone4 updated to the latest build?

It might be worth downloading the content pack again and try reinstalling. As you say you have the problem on both your desktop and laptop it is unlikely to make a difference but worth a try.

Other than that I think you will need to contact Technical Support so they can look into this for you. As always please use the link below to request assistance.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Hope you can get this resolved soon.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Aye, it's a weird problem. I'd like to try deleting the characters and redownloading, reinstalling. (I bought them separately through Backstage, not as a full content pack.)

-Martok2112

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

And far as I know, my iClone is up to date. Smile

-Martok2112

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Seeing this I just checked the 1 band girl I also purchased through Backstage and she crashes iClone also.

Duchess Designs Store 

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
update information.

martok2112 like you my system said ic was uptodate, but I recall the patch also being updated due to some folks having problems with projects which I did not so did not install it.

So I just downloaded that patch installed and the Jam Band Girl now loads ok. This may also help you hopefully.

I had put in a support ticket and I have now also updated that ticket with my findings.

Duchess Designs Store 

Edited
14 Years Ago by duchess110
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 minutes ago
As Duchess has pointed out the 4.3 patch was updated but for unknown reasons retained the same build number which is rather confusing I know. This can lead users to think they have the latest version when in fact they don't.

If anyone is having problems with content running in iClone 4.3 then they should download the patch again and install it. This will normally solve the problem.

Apologies for the confusion. Crazy

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Will do. Crossing fingers. Thanks all. Smile

-Martok2112

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

iClone doesn't seem to want to let me redownload the upgrade patch. I can find no link to it. So, how'd you do it, duchess? Smile

Never mind...found it. Smile

-Martok2112

Edited
14 Years Ago by martok2112
martok2112
martok2112
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kewl. Redownloading the patch seems to have worked. Thanks, you two. Smile

-Martok2112

Reading This Topic