trouble with zbrush texture

Posted By brystudio 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
brystudio
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I did a face texture in zbrush and in iclone i loaded it up in the skin face diffuse texture. But it wont match the outher skin texture parts. I tryed materials appy all still no luck. Any help would be welcome. Thanks in advance brySmile
warlord720
warlord720
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
This may not be it at all but the only time I run into this problem is due to the color overlay being different for the rest of the body than the face. If it is the same problem then make sure they are set to white or the same color for each type of skin meaning upper, lower,hands, shoes and face. Other than that... I would have no idea.

See the red outlined box in the pic below:

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

Edited
14 Years Ago by warlord720
animagic
animagic
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
I have run into this problem at times. Occasionally, the other body parts refuse to pick up the color of the face. What I started doing is applying the head to the appropriate nude character and save the various skin textures as a reference (Upper, Lower, etc.). Then, whenever I apply clothing that will not pick up the skin tone of the head, I replace the skin texture with the reference texture that I saved before. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

brystudio
brystudio
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Thankyou for advice I did find the problem this is how the zbrush saved texture looked. Note the black around the texture. This can not be there for iclone for it to fit the face right.
brystudio
brystudio
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

To fix it i used photoshop and removed the black and it worked great on the avatar model and blended with the rest of the body skin just fine
animagic
animagic
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Glad you found the problem. iClone uses the boundaries of the image (I believe the top) as a reference color.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

warlord720
warlord720
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Excellent. Thanks for sharing the solution.Cool

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
zuijlen (8/26/2010)
Glad you found the problem. iClone uses the boundaries of the image (I believe the top) as a reference color.

Yes. For some reason RL has effectively (even if not necessarily deliberately), treated this as a BIG, BIG secret. I can't understand why!

When RL released the Avatar Builder from Evolver they had to spill the secret in its documentation: iClone samples the first 10 pixels (or perhaps the first 10 x 10 pixels) of the image to simultaneously determine the skin color of the Face, Upper, Lower, and Hands.

If you are changing a texture map for one of the these parts and you change this sensor region, the skin gets changed all over when you load the new map.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Just to illustrate what Paumanok and zuijlen have said the top left of the image below is where the body skin colour is taken from..

here

V

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
14 Years Ago by bluemidget666

Reading This Topic