Problem with converting .3ds file

Posted By Pochontas 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Pochontas
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I found this interior made as .3ds file but when I import it in 3DXchange it's a complete mess. Does anyone know why and how can I make it to look as it should?

Here's a link to the file
http://www.trekmeshes.ch/meshes/meshesdetails.php?Name=ENGINEROOM
warlord720
warlord720
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I remember this mesh as I tried to convert it a couple of years ago. Tried again with no luck. It crashes Max when trying to export to iClone format and had geometry problems with the other exports. Also, even downloading the textures, there are many textures missing and it was rendered with a raytracer in max which apparently doesn't translate to iClone.

Even with all that... it is a huge model with over 176,000 faces which is hard for iClone to handle.

Maybe someone else will have better luck with it as it is a great mesh.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

Pochontas
Pochontas
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
OK, thanks for the info.

Reading This Topic