UV maps are going away...

Posted By Paumanok West 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Maybe someday iClone will get PTex

PTex 3D texturing becomes a reality at SIGGRAPH

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
YES! I saw the use ofthis in 3D Coatand loved it! I haven't seen it used in a realtime application though. The program would have to load all of the UV maps into memory wouldn't it? Either that or check which part of the object the camera is lookig at and stream the UV maps and texturs from that part of the object from the hard drive and render them that way.

iClone getting PTexx would be REALLY awesome.

What other software uses PTex aside from 3D Coat?

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.

Reading This Topic