48 Hour Film Project 2010 - Machinima Edition

Posted By codewarrior 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
codewarrior
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (726 reputation)Veteran Member (726 reputation)Veteran Member (726 reputation)Veteran Member (726 reputation)Veteran Member (726 reputation)Veteran Member (726 reputation)Veteran Member (726 reputation)Veteran Member (726 reputation)Veteran Member (726 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
The 48 Hour Film Project is having the 2010 competition on September 17 through the 19 this year.

As far as I know, there has never been an entry made with iClone, but this year, I will be using iClone to enter. I hope I can convince some of you to enter as well.

You can read all about the competition at http://www.48hourfilm.com/machinima/ . I have entered for the last three years, and it's always a lot of fun. You also get to meet a lot of other machinima makers from all different apps and tools like Moviestorm, WoW, Halo, etc. if you go to the pre competition meetings in Second Life.

The competition is being run by my close friend Chantal Harvey, who also is the founder of the MaMachinima International Film Festival that some of the folks who lurk in these forums attended.

So please clear your calendars and sign up for this one.

Pete Patterson - Contract Programmer http://ideajuice.com

Ideajuice Consulting Services
Need code???
Decades of programming experience. Working with 3D since the 1980's. Fluent in C# and Javascript.

aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

hey codewarrior good to see ya here! and thanks for the notice on the 48 our competition

Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Great competition, but I struggle to make a film in 48 weeks never mind 48 hours LOL BigGrin

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

a shout out to all ya movie makers - let's represent iclone - looking for a team mate to join me

gizmo
gizmo
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Really wish I could put my hand up for this one akn . . . but unfortunately its impossible.

However, good on you for leading by example and the very best of luck to you.

Cool gizmo

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
The short answer to the question is: NO.

To elaborate: you can have it cheap, fast, or good.

And you picked the wrong one.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Paumanok West (8/2/2010)
The short answer to the question is: NO.

To elaborate: you can have it cheap, fast, or good.

And you picked the wrong one.

Ah yes the old production triangle.

Fast

Cheap               Good

You can have it cheap and fast but it's not going to be good.

You can have it fast and good but it's not going to be cheap.

You can have it good and cheap but it's not going to be fast....in my case months if not years BigGrin

Amen.

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Edited
14 Years Ago by Capemedia
funfunfun
funfunfun
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Can iClone even be used per the 48 Hour Machinima Filmmaking Rules? I have copied pasted confusing and perhaps contradictory passages from their website below.

==============

This Rule is from the 48 Hour Film Project Machinima Filmmaking Rules page:

D. All footage must be captured within the 48 hour time period of the project. Also, all footage must be machinima footage--that is, shot in a virtual-reality environment in real-time. Post-production and special effects are permitted, but they must be begun and finished during the 48 hour time period, and overlayed over machinima footage. 3D animation--that is, 3D footage created not in real-time--is not allowed.

==============

And the following information is from the 48 Hour Film Project Machinima FAQ:

Are we allowed to use external animation programs?

Yes. However, you may not use 3D animation, and all animation must be overlayed over machinima footage.

Can we mix footage from different virtual worlds?

Sure!

Are we allowed to use footage created from 3D animation programs, like Blender or Poser?

No, 3D animation programs—that is, anything that creates 3D footage not in real-time—are not allowed.
aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

yep Chantal Harvey (who is driving this activity) clearly acknowledged that iclone is perfectly acceptable

I know i just signed up (teamed with Warlord)

Reading This Topic