Profile Picture

A future for 10x Camera Tools?

Posted By angribuddhist 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
angribuddhist
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 Years Ago
I've been using the free version of 10x Camera Tools off and on for quite a long time but it's never really replaced the default camera or other camera apps (Genius) on my phone. Having just gotten an iphone 4, I realized that the ability to stand the phone on it's edge finally made the Timer feature of 10x Camera Tools something viable.

I tested it out and decided to finally throw some money towards the developers for the full version of the app. In hindsight, that was probably a mistake.

Sure, Reallusion has a great track record of supporting iclone and crazytalk but, with the introduction of ios4, so much of 10x Camera Tools is broken that I feel that spending $1.99 on it was a waste.

Speaking of the price I spent, after having the app crash multiple times, I went back to the App Store and checked out the app more thoroughly. It's stated that the $2.99 price point is an introduction price and that it will go to $4.99 soon. I think it said that the day it went live which was many months ago. Additionally, the actual price has been reduced to $1.99 "for a limited time".

One harsh view of this could be that Reallusion knows that 10x Camera Tools is busted (look at it's most current reviews) and that instead of fixing it (and retaining a higher price point) they are slashing the price.

It's entirely possible that Reallusion developed this app, put it on the App Store, and then after their May 2010 update, and for whatever reason, stopped supporting it, although they are still selling it. It could be that they didn't think to test their app on the new OS and that no one is monitoring the reviews it's getting. If there's no intention of updating this app so that it can function again, Reallusion might want to just remove it from the App Store and reimburse those that have purchased it since the release of ios4.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I can tell you that support for OS4 is coming very soon and an update should be available within a week or so. As well as OS4 support the new update will also contain the following fixes.

Issues fixed in this version are listed below,

1. Import Photos from Camera roll

2. Export Photos to Camera roll

3. Flickr crashed and Picasa layout problem

4. Note button size problem

5. Orientation problem when user is back from Email function

Please feel free to contact us again if you have further concerns. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic