Profile Picture

Can DAZ figures be imported into iClone4 Pro exactly as they appear?

Posted By djzpt 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Can DAZ figures be imported into iClone4 Pro exactly as they appear?

Author
djzpt
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
For example, can the exporting / importing process retain the intricate details of the "skin texture" exactly as it is shown in this DAZ figure?...freckles, eyebrows, skin tone and all?

You know when you're spending too much time with iClone4 when you scream out its name when making love!
Edited
14 Years Ago by djzpt
peteradam6
peteradam6
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
If you want close-up renders like this you'll be better off using Poser or DAZ to get the required few seconds of close-up footage. Green-screen to save render time then convert with popvideo. You will also be able to easily do lip-sync that way, which you'll probably find difficult or impossible with a DAZ figure in iClone.

Or you might use CrazyTalk on a DAZ still, for just a second of close-up.

But keep in mind that compressing your final film to a video file that's of upload-able size and proportions will fuzz out most of this sort of fine detail. By the time it's at 720 on YouTube, no-one will be seeing that level of microscopic detail.

As for DAZ or Poser morphs.... yes, many will be lost once your character gets to iClone. You can take front/side shots of your DAZ face and manipulate the face in iClone (and Argile) though, to get back to what what you started with.

| iClone 5 Pro | 3DXchange 4 Pro | popVideo Converter 2 | CrazyTalk 6 Pro | CrazyTalk Animator Pro |
Edited
14 Years Ago by peteradam6
Teviniii
Teviniii
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
If you import it as an object without any optimization, yes - you can retain all of the poly detail - you would also have to maintain the original texture dimensions in order to preserve the great resolution. Youtube can take files up to 2 gigs at 1080. So almost all of the detail will be intact if the viewer chooses to watch the video in Highest Def.

Importing the avatar as a non-standard optimized character (lower poly count and comprised textures) is another scenario. I do know that you can bring Victoria in with her original poly count and textures as a non standard character but she won't be wearing much though.
nigel
nigel
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)

I trhink I'm in the wrong thread, please move me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DadosPlace 

Hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCQdjxzNJII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4y2Ma7GyrM

Tongue

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Edited
14 Years Ago by nigel
djzpt
djzpt
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Thanks, Peter,

"....and manipulate the face in iClone (and Argile) though, to get back to what what you started with."

That sounds consistent with determining the poly count in 3Dx. That will work.

Thankx

You know when you're spending too much time with iClone4 when you scream out its name when making love!
djzpt
djzpt
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks, Tevinii,

"If you import it as an object without any optimization, ..."

And probably have to deal with a lot of render time, but that's o.k.

Thanks

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
There is a render time, but I think it's kind of worth it... Also part of what makes it look so good is the shader's properties. Like it's not just the deffuse texture. I looks like there is some subsurface scattering going on... something iClone (or any other realtime renderer) doesn't have or I don't think it they have it. Maybe there's a way to bake subsurface scattering into something...hmmm well yeah, my suggestion is the same, use Daz studio to render those.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.

Reading This Topic