Profile Picture

Lip Sync: Any way to make mouth move more when speaking?

Posted By rob_20090922185142836 14 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Lip Sync: Any way to make mouth move more when speaking?

Author
rob_20090922185142836
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (483 reputation)Senior Member (483 reputation)Senior Member (483 reputation)Senior Member (483 reputation)Senior Member (483 reputation)Senior Member (483 reputation)Senior Member (483 reputation)Senior Member (483 reputation)Senior Member (483 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Is there any way to get the mouth to open more during the LipSync?

When I do the lip synch for my characters, I noticed the mouth doesn*t open very far. And it almost looks like they are mumbling.

I know I can puppet the jaw and try to open it wider on certain words. But have found the results with that to be uneven and a bit wooden.

Any tips on making the mouth movement more pronounced when you import audio and CrazyTalk does the automatic lip sync?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
This isn't a problem I have encountered and wonder if it has something to do with the audio you are using. If you are opening a pre-recorded WAV file or recording your own voice you should ensure that the quality is good and the speech is clearly defined. If you are using poorly recorded or muffled vocals this could cause the problem you are experiencing.

You can use the Expression slider to make your character more expressive in general or you can edit the Timeline Lips Track in Crazytalk 6 Pro to make each viseme more expressive. Sadly this would have to be done one at a time which would be time consuming in a lengthy project.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

oirigr
oirigr
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Are there any plans to allow us to set an expression default setting for all audio/mouth movements, I've also run into problems but on the opposite end - where the mouth is stretched and distorted grotesquely.

The only way, as you say, is to select each "viseme" (of which there can literally be a hundred or more) on the lips track and individually adjust the expession slider on them.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

I have no news on this particular feature but it is certainly something the Crazytalk team will  look to add or improve in future upgrades or versions. I will pass on your suggestion to them for review.

Thanks for the feedback.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

PETERBLACKHOLE
PETERBLACKHOLE
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
would be very, very, very great with a way to get the actors to open their mouth more. Expressiveness = 100, and the audio is a woman singing at the top of her lungs, and the mouth hardly moves. Yes, i can can go by hand in 4 minutes of singing and put in the one vowel that opens the mouth in by hand, but a slider or number of hack or any way to make the mouth open when they speak or talk would be awesome. 
rappatap
rappatap
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I'm having the same issue.

The audio is loud, very distinct and well articulated, but the mouth movements are very muffled looking.

The first animation I did I spent nearly a week manipulating the mouth to look normal, for about 4 minutes of the animation. It was very time-consuming and I wasn't very happy with having to set each and every keyframe. I got it to look great, but with too much work.

I agree that having a setting for where the mouth is set as default, and how wide the mouth is to open, would be an ideal feature to add in.

Seeing that this issue goes back 7 years, worries me that this won't be addressed any time soon, or never.

PLEASE address this soon!!!
Edited
7 Years Ago by rappatap
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you for the feedback.

For any requests and improvements to our products or services, please use our new Feedback Tracker. The tracker is monitored directly by the relevant departmental teams and you may get feedback from the team there. In addition it allows other users to support your request with the most requested suggestions getting priority.

To use the Feedback Tracker, please click the link below. Thank you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic