Profile Picture

cc4 crashing on export of mesh, motion, or if I attempt to upgrade skins to 4k

Posted By ben_385251 5 Months Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

cc4 crashing on export of mesh, motion, or if I attempt to upgrade...

Author
ben_385251
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 days ago
At a total loss. The tickets in support seem to be met with the same automated "delete your temp folder/reinstall/try different drivers" filler that one  can normally expect. Each time I export my character from CC4, whether its a mesh, mesh and motion, or just motion, the program crashes. I've deleted my %temp% and windows/temp folders, I've reinstalled the program several times, I've reinstalled the hub a few times as well and even gone so far as to downgrade to windows 10! Nothing. This issue persists on multiple computers as well. The characters in question are standard cc4 characters, I'm using entirely in-house reallusion content on these characters there is not even ONE element that isn't from reallusion.

So extremely frustrating it's hard to put into words. My project is at a standstill over this, literally just bleeding cash every day until this is fixed. Support seems content to push it down the hill, nobody willing to hop on the phone or have a live chat to help solve from Reallusion. My machine is a pretty serious workstation it's hard to imagine this is a hardware error on my end, and its not like my CPU, GPU or Ram are under any strain during these exports at all. Usually these programs (iclone and CC4) run smooth like butter on these workstations. 

Not sure what to do, but any help appreciated as we're losing days with this bug!

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Sorry to hear you are having these problems.

To clarify, there are no automated replies from Support. All replies are from real members of the Support team, so please keep in contact with them if the problem is not resolved. Unfortunately because there are so many different configurations of computer being used, it is not always possible to give an instant fix, so obviously the basics have to be tried first. If Support have your system information then they will continue to try and find what is causing this unusual issue so please bear with them.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ernestus.plebeans
ernestus.plebeans
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I experiment exactly the same problem since the last update and the same answer "so many different config...". Well, CC4 without import/export function is totally useless. My config were exactly (yes two different ones) the same when it worked fine and now when CC4 is broken.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (118.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
ernestus.plebeans (5/3/2024)
I experiment exactly the same problem since the last update and the same answer "so many different config...". Well, CC4 without import/export function is totally useless. My config were exactly (yes two different ones) the same when it worked fine and now when CC4 is broken.

Hi...

Support replied to you on the 29th April with some things to try and also requested your system information. Unfortunately so far you have not replied. If you are still experiencing problems, please reply to Support and they will continue to try and help you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic