Profile Picture

How to get iClone .iAcc accessories out of 3Dxchange?

Posted By peteradam6 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
peteradam6
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
How can I export a 3D Warehouse model as an accessory rather than a prop, in 3Dxchange 4? I choose the accessory folder to export to, but then I just get .iProps in there.

And, just for future reference, how can I export things like .iShoe?

| iClone 5 Pro | 3DXchange 4 Pro | popVideo Converter 2 | CrazyTalk 6 Pro | CrazyTalk Animator Pro |
Seeker769
Seeker769
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can convert props to accessories in 3DX4. You can however import the prop into iClone and attach it to a character ( link may also work ) set it at the position you want, then save it. iClone will automatically convert it to an accessory and place it in the relevant folder.

As for exporting iProps, I think you can only export as obj. even with the pro version.

iClone training resources  https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic70771-161-1.aspx

animagic
animagic
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
peteradam6 (6/25/2010)

I don't think you can do that but that would indeed be useful. For example, the shoes I have are too perfect and need some beating up (without having to use 3D Max...)

Maybe a feature request?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 minutes ago
You can just rename an iAcc to iProp, then open it in 3DXchange4 to make changes.

Then export it from 3DXchange4 as an iProp, rename it to iAcc and import into iClone4.

You will need to attach it, then reposition it and finally resave it as a new custom accessory.

If you are working with a model from the Google Warehouse or Sketchup, just start at step 2.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 minutes ago
zuijlen (6/25/2010)
peteradam6 (6/25/2010)

I don't think you can do that but that would indeed be useful. For example, the shoes I have are too perfect and need some beating up (without having to use 3D Max...)

Maybe a feature request?

For shoes you can do the following:

1) Add your shoes to any avatar and then open it up in 3DXchange4.

2) Then export just the shoes to OBJ, make the required changes, then reload back in 3DX4. 

3) Then export the avatar, open in iClone4 and resave your new edited shoes to the library.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Thanks, Peter! I'm going to try that this weekend. See, there are a lot of helpful people on this forum!

warlord720
warlord720
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Great info Peter. Thanks!Cool

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

animagic
animagic
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@sw00000p, I haven't done much with AML and I can only answer questions if I know something about the subject and I know very little about AML. Blush The AML Editor that was supposed to make things easier no longer works in IC4.

Did you see the AML Wiki (at http://www.iclonewiki.com)? It looks to be extensive documentation beyond the basic tutorial.

RenSpur
RenSpur
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (652 reputation)Veteran Member (652 reputation)Veteran Member (652 reputation)Veteran Member (652 reputation)Veteran Member (652 reputation)Veteran Member (652 reputation)Veteran Member (652 reputation)Veteran Member (652 reputation)Veteran Member (652 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I found out the hard way, when I decided to make the DAZ character "Freak" a main character in my movie "Forgotten Plan 8 of the ASA." I picked "Freak" to be the actor for my character "Big Daddy Dirnsa" only to find out the mobility limitations of a non-standard DAZ character. I setup "Big Daddy Dirnsa" by changing all the skin but the hands and face to glossy black. I added hair and boots to set off the ensemble. When I exported/imported to iClone (3DX) I found out when I tried to make "Big Daddy" move his hair and boots did not follow his movements. I exported another iteration of "Big Daddy" from DAZ with the hair and boots. I exported/imported the hair and boots separately. I found the hair, once imported into iClone, was way too small and even sizing all the dimensions out to 9999 did not make the hair big enough to totally fit "Big Daddy's" head. After wasting much time trying to change the size of the hair I gave up and decided to try a work around. I used four iterations of the hair to blend "Big Daddy's" hair (front, back, left and right). Once fitted I attached all four, to the head, and it actually came out better than the single hairpiece. I was quite satisfied with the work around. I thought perhaps I could do something similar with the boots but all my attempts were a total failure. I am going to try the "Tutor's" suggestions. However, I wanted to complete the project so I put props in the foreground to hide "Big Daddy's" feet. If I continue to use "Big Daddy," as part of a series, I will have to first resolve the boots problem. I am more into making videos than all the technical aspects. It looks like most RL users are 3D nerds. Nothing wrong with that just not my bag. Then again perhaps go on too much. Thanks for listening. Colonel Fannin aka "RenSpur."
Edited
9 Years Ago by RenSpur
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Here's a tutorial that might help. If your using Genesis 1, use the appropriate DUF and t-pose.

If your using a pre Genesis version of the Freak, it gets a bit more tricky, especially the visemes (mouth shapes for speaking).

Edited
9 Years Ago by rampa

Reading This Topic