Use your own body?

Posted By Smit_R Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
4u2ges
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
@4u2ges Many thanks for showing this (very clever) method, but the problem still remains. After you do your conversion to CC4, you can't use HS2 with that body in CC4.

Yes, you cannot, but you work the other way around. You make the head with HS2 first and then attach dissimilar body to it.

This is good for all sorts of monstrous body types which sometimes is impossible to have standard CC3+ base topology to wrap around it.
Or those having body armature substantially dissimilar to CC.

Otherwise morphing/wrapping is the only way to go for now. From inexpensive Blender Soft-Wrap to mentioned ZWrap.

Smit_R
Smit_R
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
4u2ges (9/2/2023)
@4u2ges Many thanks for showing this (very clever) method, but the problem still remains. After you do your conversion to CC4, you can't use HS2 with that body in CC4.

Yes, you cannot, but you work the other way around. You make the head with HS2 first and then attach dissimilar body to it.

This is good for all sorts of monstrous body types which sometimes is impossible to have standard CC3+ base topology to wrap around it.
Or those having body armature substantially dissimilar to CC.

Otherwise morphing/wrapping is the only way to go for now. From inexpensive Blender Soft-Wrap to mentioned ZWrap.

Hi 4u2ges, thanks again for the clarification. Smile
I definately will give this a shot, because although It's just a simple toon base mesh, the process for recreating 100% likeness is quite tedious.
Edited
Last Year by Smit_R
Smit_R
Smit_R
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)

4u2ges (6/23/2023)

I have done it a few times and have a stable routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfQVWvVp3ac

@0.45 While importing as Humanoid, actorBuild I get another popup for saving a ccFacialProfile. If i press OK CC4 crashes (always), if I press cancel I get a Error Json Setting. The model is then loaded without a facial profile.
It seems this is an important step that I'm missing out on. Or maybe not because It's only for saving textures. Correct?
Edited
Last Year by Smit_R
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.3K reputation)

So you just grabbed a nude CC3+ character exported and imported back as Humanoid. Quite an innocent routine.
But it's not "abnormal" for CC to crash randomly Smile If it does that for just this character, then there is something wrong with it.
And if it does it for all characters, then there is something wrong with CC..

I mean you can skip the profile thing altogether by clicking Cancel (you indeed only need to save texture at this step).
But if there is something wrong, there is no guaranty it would be flawless in further steps, specially applying face blendshapes (this is the most critical step and I always keep fingers crossed there).

And it should even work if you leave hair and brows on CC3 character while exporting at first step....

Edited
Last Year by 4u2ges
Smit_R
Smit_R
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Yes, I used a toon body from the Cartoon Pack and of course the head created with HS2.

Yesterday I gave it a first shot, but gave me some really weird results. Probably the face blendshapes for not being imported correctly.
Actually it was quite funny, because the whole body was moving, scaling and rotating only by adjusting the eyes blink slider. BigGrin

Anyway, today I gave it a second and more serious try. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it still doesn't work.
This has something to do at my end for sure.

You use the Extended facial profile, while mine (from HS2) was still set at Tradional. So I've changed that, asking me to save that profile just in case. When pressed 'yes' it's saved and CC4 Extended now.
But after exporting it to fbx with facial profile It gave me Fbx export failed. Crazy

The weird part is that if I export the character with CC4 Traditional facial profile, all is great.

I'm gonna leave it this way and sleep a night over...Tomorrow another day.

Thanks again 4u2ges.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Avoid using Traditional. Humanoids will import with Standard and there is no way AFAIK to switch back to Traditional.
So if you have a problem with Extended for one reason or another (which you actually should not), try Standard.

Smit_R
Smit_R
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I'm finally up to the point for making your method works. Well...kinda.
When importing the blendshapes in the FPE I'm promted with this: (Exported and imported profile set to Tradional)

Which means it creates a custom blendshape at the bottom of the list, after giving it a target category. (Named it 69 for demo purposes)

The problem I'm now having is that the blendshapes works, but not as the correct one. Eye_blink_ L controls the Left brow for instance.
It has to do with the newly created blendshape for sure. But can't figure it out how to make this work properly.

Hope to get some insights on this, because I'm feeling I'm almost there. And I wanna call this a wrap actually. Doze

PS I've also noticed that exporting the humanoid character in T-Pose (by deleting all animations in CC4) gives me an imported fbx in A-pose in Blender (?)
Edited
Last Year by Smit_R
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That is happening because you are trying to import Tradition sequence into Standard profile.
Whenever you import back, the Standard is selected by default.
So you have to use Standard while exporting.
You also may attempt to apply Traditional profile from Content.
But that might or might not work correctly. And in some cases you would not even have to import blend-shapes.
There are many variables and you have to experiment.

Smit_R
Smit_R
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks 4u2ges! Smile

Reading This Topic