Headshot 2.0 - Now Available

Posted By Fionn (RL) Last Year
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Goatcheese
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
@Mike You can indeed put CC clothes on them. Smile Same with the hair etc. It takes a raw, 3D scan and turns it into a CC mesh. It basically "lays" the topology of the CC mesh over the scan. You can then further refine the mesh as you would a normal CC character (as it is a CC3+ base mesh at this stage), or change the textures, fix them up etc. I also rendered the characters in iClone using Acculips with some motions, but haven't uploaded them to showcase unfortunately. 
Edited
Last Year by Goatcheese
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Headshot 2 Looks like a great update.

It can be bought for 50% for a limited time but Is there any special upgrade path for Headshot 1 owners or is it the same price for all?

Thanks!

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 2:17 AM
Peter (RL) (6/19/2023)
[quote]Kelleytoons (6/19/2023)

I think you may have misunderstood the workflow. The resulting character generated by Headshot 2 and the "Mesh to Head" AI technology is a Standard CC3+ Base character. As with all Standard CC3+ Base characters you can interchange clothing, hair, use AccuLips and all other features of CC4 and iClone. 

Then you REALLY have confused me - a CC3+ mesh has a very certain number of verts (and in a certain order).  When you bring in, for example, a Daz figure through Transformer it is remapped to that standard (so you lose verts in an HD character, for example).  Are you saying this is the same thing here?  That you bring in another mesh and it's REMAPPED to the CC3+ mesh?  If so, don't you lose a lot of details, etc?  Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed if this is what is happening, but it will also mislead a lot of folks who think they are bringing in their own mesh and using it in CC/iClone - it should be made very clear that it's still a remapped process and you WILL lose details (no way to avoid that).

(BTW, if this is the way it works I'm actually all for it - it would have been what I would have suggested.  I just don't want folks to get upset down the road when they find this out).

Also (and, again, just not enough time to watch all the stuff to figure it out - this also means you are only remapping the head, correct?  So you can't just bring in another mesh with a body and hope to preserve that, right?  Again, I'm no opposed to this, but you should have people understand this or they will purchase on the theory they are then able to animate their own meshes (in fact, the promo I watched definitely implied that, saying it would "re-rig" the body mesh, which would NOT be what is happening if it's just remapped onto the CC3+ body).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Goatcheese
Goatcheese
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)

@Mike Nope, other than the shape that it takes from the scan, it also bakes a lot of the details to a normal map. It's basically like any scanned mesh that's used in games etc. All AAA studios retopo the scans and then just bake it from the high to low. This basically does the same thing, just with simplified steps for the user. Does it lose quality? It loses a lot of unnecessary vertices, yes, but the shape is still there, the rest of the stuff (for example, the wrinkles, skin details etc) get baked into a normal map. Check out what Detroit: Become Human did, for instance, they also used 3D scans yet they're optimized for realtime and they look absolutely incredible (I'm sure I saw them using Wrap3ds I think it's called in their process too? It's almost the exact same process Headshot 2.0 uses now.) Something I also forgot to mention is that Headshot 2.0 uses alignment points. The more you add, the more accurately it wraps. It's quite a popular method. If I wasn't in bed already, I would have shown you the raw scan and the CC mesh I got, it retains quite a lot of detail, especially for realtime use. Smile

Edit: I don't think you can compare the Daz transformer to the method used in Headshot 2.0. They work in different ways. Think of Headshot 2.0 more as a shrinkwrapping technique based on alignment points. This results in more accurate meshes, because, well.... It's a "new" type of technology. (Not really new, but you get my drift, lol.)
Edited
Last Year by Goatcheese
PRP1986
PRP1986
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
This looks very interesting. Is there any update to the 2D photo to 3D options or is Headshot 2 focused on mesh conversion only, with the 2D to 3D from Headshot 1 included without upgrades?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Kelleytoons (6/19/2023)
When you bring in, for example, a Daz figure through Transformer it is remapped to that standard (so you lose verts in an HD character, for example).  Are you saying this is the same thing here?  That you bring in another mesh and it's REMAPPED to the CC3+ mesh?  If so, don't you lose a lot of details, etc?  Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed if this is what is happening, but it will also mislead a lot of folks who think they are bringing in their own mesh and using it in CC/iClone - it should be made very clear that it's still a remapped process and you WILL lose details (no way to avoid that).

If you watch the video below from the current time it explains what happens during the generation process. This should help make it clearer. Smile

https://youtu.be/CVLGXsJoosc?t=471

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
PRP1986 (6/19/2023)
This looks very interesting. Is there any update to the 2D photo to 3D options or is Headshot 2 focused on mesh conversion only, with the 2D to 3D from Headshot 1 included without upgrades?

There are no new features added to the Headshot 1 2D photo to 3D workflow. The big new addition in Headshot 2 is the Mesh to CC Head technology.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Xodroc
Xodroc
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Months Ago
The Align Points method instantly made me think of R3DS Wrap, which lead me to purchase instantly for that alone, without looking very closely.  I'm curious if it is R3DS's Wrap tech integrated or just similar.

Either way, even though the plugin is called "Headshot", if you have that kind of Wrap method available, should definitely expand to support bodies, not just heads. At least when it comes to the align points method. 

The new scanning method also looks like a major step up.  The original 2-photo method could just never compete if you wanted realism.
Garry_Seven_of_one
Garry_Seven_of_one
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Months Ago
So I already use Zwrap and wrap3D software with CC characters, I can’t see any advantage here as it’s doing the same thing as far as I can see? Also I can’t see the symmetry option in x for points which they both have.If there are any unique features then I would consider upgrading from headshot 1 which was IMO a waste of money, otherwise will stay with wrap software

Garry, Clearstream, Seven_of_one
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f8c0246a-f887-417d-9f3c-b22c.png
My Pinterests
mrmdesign
mrmdesign
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Headshot2 is amazing! This is going to save me a lot of time and cut out my reliance on additional software! Great job RL!!

----
Designer, Illustrator, Artist, Developer, Modeller - Augmented Reality : Instagram and Facebook Camera Effects
www.realityaugmented.co.uk

Reading This Topic