Headshot 2.0 - Now Available

Posted By Fionn (RL) Last Year
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
eljofa
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Hi
There is a BIG difference if You design cartoons.
Now with headshot 2, You model Your custom cartoon and bring it to headshot 2 and hs2 Will do the blendshapes for You.... So the character is ready to go.

Big advantage now. It streamlines Your Workflow Big time.

I am going to Buy it in a free minutes

Yes sir Smile)
eljofa
eljofa
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Yes sir!!!

Got headshot 2 now Smile happy cartoonist Smile

Cheers
Sunglass
Sunglass
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi, just some coments about

- Align points need mirror option for simetrical faces
- Its very complicated when non human dont have similar human eyebrows and nouse formats and ears position, i just couldnt make it. I were totally lost im my attempt

so... need more info and tutorials before buy it because my particular interesting its on this 3 parts of body

andrew.genaille
andrew.genaille
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Just bought but can’t try out till later.

But I’m going to try luma and Polycam out; But I thinks it’s more about the file you use to transfer; Both have Fbx and obj.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
K_Digital (6/19/2023)
Have a couple of questions.

- Can someone point out the main difference beenween headshot 1 and 2 ?
(as far i understand, the main difference are the new model import and scanning options)

The big difference is the inclusion of the new Mesh to Head technology which allows you to import of heads from 3rd party sources, including scanned heads, and then convert them to a CC3+ head.

- Did anything change in regard of the Headshot 1 "auto" and "Pro" mode ?
( any improvements, can i use the model editing methods seen in the TUT video for photo auto and pro mode as well ? )

There are some "under the hood" improvements and UI changes but no new Auto or Pro features. Note: All the features of Headshot 1 are included in Headshot 2 so you don't need to keep both installed.

- Headshot 2 i currently 50% Off, will there be an Upgrade Offer for Headshot1 user after June ?)

There will always be a discount for existing CC and iClone users but the amount of the discount and any bonus products included may change.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)

Last Active: 14 hours ago
So - given how little time I have for nearly anything nowadays - can someone (either Pete or some RL dev) give me the overview on this mesh thingee?

In particular, what I want to know is what we end up with when we go that route.  Clearly it's not a CC3 or 4+ character - so is it more of a Metahuman type?  And I assume Acculips DOES work with it, but things like CC clothing does not (so if you are bringing in your own mesh you had better have it wearing what it will, as you will NOT be able to change that).  It's kind of bad that, after going through ALL the work (and it WILL be a ton of work) to get a character to work with Acculips and the rest of the motion in iClone that you can't also use the CC system of hair and clothing for it - couldn't the devs have worked *something* out so that clothing could be conformed the same way it is for a regular CC mesh?

I'm going to guess this will end up being a very niche update - folks wanting to go this route (but forgoing all the rest of CC's features) are not going to stay in the iClone universe.  I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Goatcheese
Goatcheese
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago

A few tests from existing scanned meshes I have. This tool is an absolute game-changer. I have noticed some blocky artifacts in the faces, might be something that I have done wrong myself? Otherwise, an absolutely splendid job from everyone at Reallusion!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/345e7b5a-d764-4af2-a832-71bc.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/645a7022-e5e5-4a1e-be71-59fb.jpg
thubbard
thubbard
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Sorry for a basic question: What software/hardware did you use to create the meshes? 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)

Last Active: 14 hours ago
Goatcheese (6/19/2023)

A few tests from existing scanned meshes I have. This tool is an absolute game-changer. I have noticed some blocky artifacts in the faces, might be something that I have done wrong myself? Otherwise, an absolutely splendid job from everyone at Reallusion!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/345e7b5a-d764-4af2-a832-71bc.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/645a7022-e5e5-4a1e-be71-59fb.jpg

So can I ask - what format does the body mesh end up?  You can't put CC clothing on it, correct?

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Kelleytoons (6/19/2023)

In particular, what I want to know is what we end up with when we go that route.  Clearly it's not a CC3 or 4+ character - so is it more of a Metahuman type?  And I assume Acculips DOES work with it, but things like CC clothing does not (so if you are bringing in your own mesh you had better have it wearing what it will, as you will NOT be able to change that).  It's kind of bad that, after going through ALL the work (and it WILL be a ton of work) to get a character to work with Acculips and the rest of the motion in iClone that you can't also use the CC system of hair and clothing for it - couldn't the devs have worked *something* out so that clothing could be conformed the same way it is for a regular CC mesh?

I'm going to guess this will end up being a very niche update - folks wanting to go this route (but forgoing all the rest of CC's features) are not going to stay in the iClone universe.  I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Hi Mike

I think you may have misunderstood the workflow. The resulting character generated by Headshot 2 and the "Mesh to Head" AI technology is a Standard CC3+ Base character. As with all Standard CC3+ Base characters you can interchange clothing, hair, use AccuLips and all other features of CC4 and iClone. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic