Profile Picture

Is it possible to import custom characters *not* from Character Creator?

Posted By henrylee54 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Is it possible to import custom characters *not* from Character...

Author
henrylee54
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey all, I'm very interested in purchasing iClone since it looks like a great way to improve the quality of my Rokoko mocap, but I'm not finding much info about using custom characters. I want to use iClone with my own characters, with rigs from AutoRig Pro and the standard 52 AR Kit face shape keys. I have no intention of using characters from Character Creator.

Is it possible to take my own custom characters and import them into iClone and have them use my rigs and my face shape keys? If so, what is the process for that like? 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi...

You can use your own characters into iClone 8, but to convert them to a format that can use iClone motions and mocap (Humanoid Non-Standard) you will need to have Character Creator 4. CC4 is used for the import and characterization process of 3rd party characters which you can then send to iClone to animate.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
I want to use iClone with my own characters, with rigs from AutoRig Pro and the standard 52 AR Kit face shape keys. I have no intention of using characters from Character Creator.
Hi you may consider rendering your ARP rig animations in Blender after refinement in iclone.
The ARP retargeter fully supports motion Data exported as FBX from CC3/4
All of the character animation in this video is from iclone retargeted to non iclone ARP rigs in Blender

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

garrymichlen
garrymichlen
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yes, you can use your own custom characters in iClone and have them use your rigs and face shape keys.

Reading This Topic