Blue Screen of Death

Posted By Macdonut Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Macdonut
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I keep thinking to myself, "I must get back to using Reallusion software." But then, a day like today comes along. The Reallusion Hub has an update. Okay, I think, let's get that installed. The update was installed with no problem, but I had 2 blue screens of death within an hour of installing the update! Uninstalling the hub has solved the problem. I have to now be totally honest in saying that Reallusion software, from Crazy Talk Animator 3, through Cartoon Animator 4 and 5, and directly the Reallusion Hub has caused more crashes and problems on my PC than any other software over the last few years. In fact, it is the only software that has caused crashes and problems. I'm glad I only use Reallusion software as a hobbyist because it would be in the bin if this were in my production pipeline! As it is, I rarely use it now because of crashes; and now the blue screen of death. I did so love the idea of Reallusions software for it's simplicity of usage, but at its price point and with it's inherent bugs, I won't be spending any more hard-earned cash on this overpriced, bug-ridden suite of software.
Edited
Last Year by Macdonut
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Hi...

I have been using Reallusion's software for going on twenty years and I can honestly say I have never encountered a blue screen of death (BSOD) when using any RL software or the Hub.

It is very easy to always blame the software but a BSOD normally always indicates a computer issue that needs addressing. Of course you may say all my other software works fine, but very often issues that cause a BSOD will only surface when using software that taxes certain components of the system such as the GPU or makes heavy use of memory.

Perhaps you would like to share your computer specs including graphic card as this may give an indication of why you are having serious issues when others are not. You are also always welcome to contact Support who may be able to help you overcome these issues. Please be assured that the issues you are having are not normal or bugs and so the underlying cause will still need to be found.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Macdonut
Macdonut
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Thanks for your reply Peter. I'm giving Reallusion the benefit of the doubt and am getting a new PC tomorrow. My old one, albeit a top-spec gaming PC, when I bought it, is almost 7 years old now, so it is possible it could be a hardware-related problem. I'm not convinced yet though, but will eat humble pie if this is the problem. I will let you know! Wink
Sophus
Sophus
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (686 reputation)Veteran Member (686 reputation)Veteran Member (686 reputation)Veteran Member (686 reputation)Veteran Member (686 reputation)Veteran Member (686 reputation)Veteran Member (686 reputation)Veteran Member (686 reputation)Veteran Member (686 reputation)

Check the Windows Reliability Monitor or the Event Log for more information on your BSOD.
Usually there should be an error description of what exactly happened. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Macdonut (5/16/2023)
Thanks for your reply Peter. I'm giving Reallusion the benefit of the doubt and am getting a new PC tomorrow. My old one, albeit a top-spec gaming PC, when I bought it, is almost 7 years old now, so it is possible it could be a hardware-related problem. I'm not convinced yet though, but will eat humble pie if this is the problem. I will let you know! Wink

Thanks for keeping an open mind. Hopefully the new computer will see an end to your problems (especially the BSOD) issue. Please let us know how you get on.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Macdonut
Macdonut
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well, I've baked the humble pie and have taken a slice out of it so far. In other words, I admit, I may have been wrong. New PC in use and Hub installed no problems along with CA5. Looking forward to getting back into it after what seems like an absence of ages.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That's great news. Thanks for letting us know. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic