Profile Picture

how do I fix eyes so the lid get fully shut

Posted By Duude Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Duude
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1734871c-1196-4f49-93d4-5e63.jpgSo I have made the eyes on my character a little big bigger on the inside and for some reason cc4 hasn't account this on the expression and thus the eyes don't fully shut now. I have modeled this character from the Camila so it has the latest expression version and perfect eye closed position by default.

How I can fix this inside CC4 ?

I tested to first close the eyes from the Attribute / Display / eyes 0pen / close option then went into edit mesh mode, but then when adjusting the eye lid it also satys like that when opening the eye so taht's no use since only the eye closing needs to be fixed and not the look of the eye when it's open

Also I can't use the edit expression and readjust the eye blink slider since then it will "over" close the eye if I add more to the slider so mesh editing is the way to do it, but in the way that it only affect / fade in when the lid is closing / closed and when the lid is open it should have zero effect on the mesh it self.

Another thing is the lower eye lid which by default is made WRONG!
When the upper eye lid is shutting also some of the mesh on the lower eye lid will move and this is wrong. It shouldn't move at all except when squinting, but not when normally opening and closing eye so how I can edit the lower eye lid so that it doesn't move when upper eye lid is shut down ?
For this I aslo have tested the edit mesh which don't affect at all and the lower lid will move no matter how much I move the mesh when eye is closed and ofcourse it won't since it's wrong method to edit the lower eye lid.

Edited
Last Year by Duude
wetcircuit
wetcircuit
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)

I show how to fix the eye blinks at the start of this video.
Duude
Duude
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)

haha LOOOL XD

The first thing from the character menu fix blink worked perfectly and it also stopped the lower eye lid moving which is perfect now! I laughed because it was soo simple haha BigGrin
Thank you very much both eye problems are now 100% perfectly fixed Smile

Also what it matters I use the extended facial profile to get the most out of the facial animation Smile
Also liked the animation you have used on the character on the beginning of the video, hehe good job Smilehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/26a3e9fe-601e-4383-9708-a5f7.png
Edited
Last Year by Duude
barca-8
barca-8
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Can I ask what facial mo-cap system you used for the video? It looks great!
Thank you.
wetcircuit
wetcircuit
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)

barca-8 (5/12/2023)
Can I ask what facial mo-cap system you used for the video? It looks great!
Thank you.

This is the Motion Live plugin for iPhone (and an iPhone of course), screencaptured realtime iClone preview window running 'full screen' (which isn't quite full screen).

barca-8
barca-8
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Thank you.

So just to be clear, you're using what's called "iPhone Live Face Profile" in the RL store ($200)?

Confused by the options here. LOTS of different - but similar-sounding - product names.
https://mocap.reallusion.com/iClone-motion-live-mocap/free-download.html

"iPhone: LIVE FACE Profile & LIVE FACE App Free Download"  ??

It seems like I'd ultimately need to purchase the actual "Motion Live" product PLUS a "profile" for whatever capture device I'm using.

I only have a high-res webcam, but can spring for an iPhone if the mo-cap quality is substantially better.

Duude
Duude
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

While we talking about motion live I have a question for wetcircuit. Is it possible to use videos on the motion live so I could use other peoples face motions in my own characters ?
As I understand this program is for live camera use from iphone and haven't seen anything saying otherwice.
wetcircuit
wetcircuit
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

it is confusing! Hehe

Motion Live is 'free' it should be builtin with iClone (previously was a paid plugin?). It actually allows lots of 'free' connections like to knobs on a midi controller (and a lot more if you can script it...)
The 'profile' for iPhone costs $200, and there's a free companion app on iPhone app store. It is specifically for ios devices that can run Apple's ARKit blendshapes. Apple has a lock on this feature because they have patents surrounding face recognition security. It is their ARKit that translates face expressions into the blendshape data (something the iPhone does already, so it was not difficult for RL and others to tap into for mocap software) and iPhone has onboard acceleration chip specifically for that face recognition. (it is more than just iPhones, somewhere there is a compatibility chart with a few iPads and at least one recent low-end iPhone without face recognition...)

It's not likely that Android will get this feature of hardware boost. I have seen someone run opensource github stuff on a very expensive Android but it was not a commercial product.

there is also a different paid 'profile' that works with a specific webcam software (Faceware RT). It is a bajillion dollars for some unfathomable reason. I think that company has a headmount solution so the price is more for industry animators.
(iPhone is a consumer device that people buy anyway as a phone, so just a much larger userbase helps drive down the price)
$200 is still expensive, but it is a 1-time purchase. (I've seen face mocap that is essentially the same, just streaming data off an iPhone for a monthly subscription)…. 

Also check in the Marketplace, there is a plugin for Dollars Mocap which is vTubing software – plugin is free(?) but Dollars Mocap is like ninety-nine dollars, so still quite a few dollars, hahaha. I think it is not as good as iPhone but does offer some body capture from Camera). Dollars allows using video clips instead of a live camera.

When I livestream into Unity I use an app called 'Face Cap' (also paid, no affiliation to me or RL) also works in Blender.

imo the Motion Live system inside iClone is really good, they made it so anyone could make a plugin for RL and control all sorts of stuff in the scene, but it is really for recording mocap into iClone. In the Eye Blink video above, you can see a quick capture of the iClone desktop at around 12min, just before the avatar comes back at the end. This was a live screencapture, but the quality would be even higher if I'd recorded in iClone timeline and then rendered out frame-by-frame.

iClone allows you to mix the iPhone mocap with other mocap/animations. If you use AI voices, you can have Acculips do the automatic lipsync, and then record your eyes and brows being expressive to that voice (and Acculips' mouth visemes). Also you can over-drive certain blendshapes and underdrive others, for instance a cartoon character's mouth could open wider than your real mouth…, my real eyebrows go higher than the iPhone allows but in iClone I can lower the strength so they don't clip and hit maximum all the time. I also tend to squint, and iClone has a SET ZERO POSE so I hit that button while squinting and then as I record there is no squinting on the figure…. It's a nice system overall. 

iPhone is best/easiest/cheapest face mocap solution. I captured that video on an iPhoneX which is probably very cheap by now 2nd hand… (It has fallen behind and is not supported anymore by newer ios software). There is no reason to wait for Android to get a niche feature some year in the future when the patents run out. Apple does not benefit when you buy a used iPhone that does this one thing really well. There is no cheaper solution that comes close to this quality (not 'Hollywood quality', but good quality and very easy, and very affordable, and a whole ecosystem of stands and mounts...).

I very recommend buying a used iPhone and just mounting it on your desk between a couple youtube lights to balance the shadows. Facial mocap is always ready (some minor fuss with your local wifi address that you have to type into iClone). All your CC3+ figures are compatible. A lot of new iClone 'characters' are also compatible (they will say they have face blendshapes). And Character Creator allows us to set up blendshaes on 3rd-party or original figures...
Edited
Last Year by wetcircuit
Duude
Duude
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Sounds very interesting, but is it possible to use already recorded video so I can use other peoples emotions instead of actin them my self ?
barca-8
barca-8
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you SO much for that. RL should pay you to write or record a company blog or something :-)
Figuring out "what's what" from official product documentation can be...challenging. 

I'll start looking for a used iPhone 11 or iPhone X (didn't realize the X would work. Thanks for the tip).
And $200 for the iPhone "profile" is reasonable considering the quality of the mo-cap. 

"Motion Live" is right there, ready and waiting, in my iClone Plugins dropdown.

Wasn't aware of the $99 Dollars Mocap either. The more options the better. Maybe iPhone for head-face and Dollars for body (?)

Again, great information...Gold. Thank you for taking the time to respond! 

Reading This Topic