Profile Picture

Daz3d Genesis 9 Character to full cc3+ model?

Posted By Mickles Higginsby Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Mickles Higginsby
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Up to this point; I am able to import Genesis 9 characters into CC4. I resculpt the eyes as they are always a blank white (an user on the daz forums helped me get this far - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7976481#Comment_7976481).

The model looks like it is ready to go but it is only a humanoid model now and seems to not be compatible with a good swath of cc4's features. Is there a way to fully convert my gen9 model to a full CC3+ model? 

Procedure for exporting Daz gen9 character - Import to CC4 response from a very helpful Daz3d member.

"It is certainly possible. Before exporting your Gen 9 figure from Studio, make sure you right click on the Gen 9 figure in the Scene tab and select "All" which makes sure all your bones, clothes, hair goes over into the exported fbx.

Importing the figure into CC4, don't use Transformer, (although I guess there will be an update to correct this in future), instead import your figure as a Human-Non Standard. Close the Characterization tab. Next, open the AccuRIG tab, select Create Guides and click OK. When that finishes, select Generate Skeleton from the AccuRIG menu and let CC4 do its thing. When that finishes, select Bind Skin and let that finish.

Then you can click on Check Animation and select a Motion, to make sure everything is working fine.  

The figure still has the scary white eyes, so come out of AccuRIG and go to Edit Mesh in the CC4 menu. Select Sculpt, then click on the eyeball symbol next to Brush Type. Adjust the Radius of the red circle to be the same size as the eye and click on the eyeballs. You will get the pupils back - WOO HOO!

Then click carefully on any white areas still visible around the eyes, including the surrounding whites and also the "tear" area, adjusting the radius as needed. This is a bit fiddly, but worth spending a bit of time getting this right. You can go out of Edit Mesh mode to check what it looks like, go back in to have another tweak if you need - it might take a few goes to get everything covered. 

After that, you should be good to go. "

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for sharing your workflow. This will help  others looking to get Genesis 9 into CC4.

For the white eye issues, you can also correct this on the Material tab of the Modify Panel. Just select EyeMoisture_Right, EyeMoisture_Left and Tear and reduce the Opacity level for each one.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Jbowdoin
Jbowdoin
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
any idea when Transformer will be updated ? 
I like to put G9 clothing on  my CC4 characters lol   
anandadivine108
anandadivine108
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)

I would like to also know if it's coming, and when Smile
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Jbowdoin (5/25/2023)
any idea when Transformer will be updated ? 
I like to put G9 clothing on  my CC4 characters lol   

You can already import any Daz clothing, including Genesis 9 clothing, using Create > Accessory from the Menu Bar. Once imported the clothing will be usable with any of your standard characters in CC4.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

anandadivine108 (6/8/2023)
I would like to also know if it's coming, and when Smile

It's on the to do list but there's no confirmed date as yet sadly.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

UPDATE: After checking, support for Genesis 9 characters should be available in the CC 4.3 update which is due this month. Not long to wait now.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Leodegrance
Leodegrance
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Thanks for the update Peter.  Looking forward to testing it out.
Mickles Higginsby
Mickles Higginsby
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)

WOOT WOOT! THANK YOU!
amckenzie
amckenzie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I just patched the update and did a quick test - Genesis 9 now comes through Transformer.
Exciting.

Reading This Topic