Profile Picture

iClone. Unrecognised by International Graphic Artists Arena!!!

Posted By "Siouxie Sioux" - Super... 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone. Unrecognised by International Graphic Artists Arena!!!

Author
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
RLs content is always going to be sort after as its built for Iclone and will nearly always beat 3rd party content, and even after getting 3Dexchange I still have a wish list of content packs from the store.

My interest is character development and as my imagination soon found the limitations of the in built character creation tools I needed 3Dexchange and an external character creation tool to help fix this ( with limitations ) .

Now I payed a fair bit for quidam 3 if Iclone could create characters ranging from Human to animal I would gladly pay for it ....

Maybe a PRO+ version ?

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Yeah, I can already make my own materials now, but I'd buy from the iClone store for materials (or I plan on it just'cause it saves time) and I buy characters because I'm not good at acharacter creation. So I think the new things could make iClone be great.

Yeah and renderocity sounds like it's lacking a lot of the newer software in thier list so it's not that they're snobby... just lazy and didn't update it, so I wouldn't be too hurt by it.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.

Seeker769
Seeker769
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
In all fairness, while renderosity may not have iClone in their ' software you use ' list, they do have an iClone forum which is updated regularly. I'm not sure what purpose the list serves if any. Perhaps thats why they never bothered to update it. Anyway, I've read posts where gToon  ( coordinater ) stuanchly defended iClone. I'm certain Renderocity is not looking down their noses at iClone users.

iClone training resources  https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic70771-161-1.aspx

paul.chatman
paul.chatman
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Also, if I bought the PRO version of iCLone (which I did), then I'm going to assume I can do some PRO things with it... Windows movie maker has a timeline... that's not PRO... it's just a timeline. When I buy PRO, I expect PRO things... like 3D import and stuff like that.

This was my primary argument with the Standard vs PRO debate. But as for the iClone exclusion by the 3D community: it's been said and I'll chime in. iClone, from what I've read and seen, really is not intended to be a "Big Toy"; just something that makes making 3D movies easy. I do not see iClone getting real world physics anytime soon. Or complex facial muscle control - I mean I have NEVER seen ANY iClone animated "facial animations/puppeteering" that delivers facial emotions like we're used to seeing in the cinemas and on TV.

As many have said, iClone's features are "canned" and "pre-packaged goods". Even the inclusion of 3DExchange (which should have been a default option, but for reasons regarding the Content Store was not) inside the core application it would still be considered the Window Movie Maker of 3D apps.

I've been on Renderosisty and their forum for iClone is pretty active. So is the trueSpace forum and that died commercially a year ago, as it's now a free program. Just good luck getting a copy of VRay...heh heheh heheh.

But Dreamcube mentioned the lack of good iClone vids...yeah. There are more quality Moviestorm vids out there then there are iClone...and that's saying something big time. I think when that changes and iClone "grows up" the 3D Community may take it more seriously and not as just a novelty.

The 5 minute movie limitation doesn't help either. At all.
Edited
14 Years Ago by paul.chatman
colour
colour
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

Considering that iC is for the most part a Consumer rather than Professional Prog, with Users from a variety of backgrounds with various Editing skill levels on a variety of PCs, IMO, anything more than 5 minutes would tempt those Users to Input more Objects than their PCs are capable of Rendering. That also applies to pre-recorded Video 2D Editing with Background Rendering & not Real-Time Rendering, which is even more PC Hardware demanding.   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

animagic
animagic
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 minutes ago
I was going to react to PC's reiteration and rehashing of an old discussion, but why bother... I'm off enjoying the subtle facial animation of another MovieStorm masterpeice comparable to what we see in the cinema or on TV... TV? Where?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

colour (6/19/2010)

Considering that iC is for the most part a Consumer rather than Professional Prog,with Users from a variety of backgrounds with various Editingskill levelson a variety of PCs, IMO,anything more than 5 minutes would tempt those Users to Input more Objects than their PCs are capable of Rendering. That also applies to pre-recordedVideo 2D Editing with Background Rendering & not Real-Time Rendering, which is even more PC Hardware demanding.

Sorry, but I just can't agree with this.

Under this theory, Windows movie maker should only be able to make 5 minute movies.

And you're trying to meassure how many objects are in the scene by how long it is... I'm sure you know this, but it only takes but a few seconds to display a scene with over 80,000 polygons in it. In other words, I can have a 5 second clip that has TONS of thigns in it.

And somehow... I think rendering planes with videos and pictures is just a BIT less intensive than rendering the actual thing.

And I don't see WHY iClone can't have a physics engine... what's stopping it... I mean aside from the fact that some think it's not "real PRO" yet. Peter even mentioned in the wishlest thread that they were working on it. I bet people weren't expecting it to have post proccessing effects either (bloom, glare, IBL), but it does.

As for the facial stuff, it has room to improve sure, but it's going in the right direction... Also there are applications that can actually READ your facial movements with a standard camera and then map them to the character.

Now it'd be great if iClone had that.

***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

colour
colour
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: Last Year
Under this theory, Windows movie maker should only be able to make 5 minute movies.

WMM, like all other NLEs, is for the most part, a Prog for Editing Pre-recorded Video & Image Files, with no Object Input PreviewScreen. Therefore, there's no comparison to be made with iC.

That being said, if you apply eg; too many Video Effects (Which are applied as Uncompressed RAW AVI) & your PC Hardware is insufficient for Rendering all of those Effects in one pass, rather than Rendering the Scenes they are applied to, to individual DV-AVI Files & then Importing those back-into WMM, for furter Rendering, WMM will "Hang".

Therefore, your PC Hardware is the limiting factor for NLE Video Editing, just as it is for iC.

IMO, reather than placing the "Limiting factor" on the Hardware, iC have placed the "Limiting factor" on the Timeline. That's the point I was attempting to make, in my Post.Wink        

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok good point.

Yeah because if I had a good enough card, I'm pretty sure I could render a lot of polygons if I had better hardware (GFX card)

Although I was just thinking and when things are rendered in OpenGL, they move much smoother... which also makes me think that if open GL had all the effects that DX had (which it does, no one uses it though) then things would work much better.

Also, I don't think iClone should decide how long I want to render. ... especially if I got the PRO version... I should be able to make it longer. Maybe the standard version should have the timeline, but your limited to five minutes on that or something.

***BEST OF THE CORE**

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

animagic
animagic
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 minutes ago
The 5-minute limitation is only relevant if you have one continuous take with one camera for over five minutes. Or am I missing something?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic