Profile Picture

iClone. Unrecognised by International Graphic Artists Arena!!!

Posted By "Siouxie Sioux" - Super... 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone. Unrecognised by International Graphic Artists Arena!!!

Author
fablefox
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
3d world once include ver 2.0 for free on it's cover cd, and current 3d world mag carray IClone 3.0 SE, and there was a time they review IClone 4.0 seriously.

I think what was limiting previously was import and content creation. But current importer just solved that problem. What important is to create a simple tutorial on content creation using other software, specially size / unit, texturing, optimization, character movement, animation, etc.

Max, Maya, SoftImage, Blender MUST be covered - bare minimum.

http://www.fablefoxisstronger.com
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Nobody could put it better! Also the "outside community does not recognize bla.bla.bla" argument is not quite true...

I personally teach iClone at a mayor technical university here and I have traveled several times to Europe to present a few workshops and intensive courses in iClone usage, to large Italian and Spanish companies, working on Elearning products.

The outside 3D community ! the fact that people outside the Iclone community know about Iclone does not mean that 3D magazines and 3D websites take Iclone seriously.. How many .VNS files do you find on TurboSquid ?

3d world once include ver 2.0 for free on it's cover cd, and current 3d world mag carray IClone 3.0 SE, and there was a time they review IClone 4.0 seriously.

They reviewed it yes, they even liked it but seriously ? If they carried a tutorial without carrying a limited copy on the CD then they would be looking at it seriously maybe.

If they reviewed Iclone without reviewing 3Dexchange then they would have to say Import options NONE ! what other serious 3D program needs an external program to even import a obj file !

Thats not to say that Iclone needing 3Dexchange is a con just that the PRO version or maybe a more costly PRO+ version should have 3Dexchange built in.

Iclone will one day be looked at and supported in the outside 3D arena by vendors like Renderosirty just not yet as its not easy to create for (characters especially).

Just my opinion

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
14 Years Ago by bluemidget666
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Some good points and some MORE good points from FableFox... but it still doesnt explain the disinclusion of the visual word "iClone" in the drop down for Software Used, sadly. Or not so sadly.

On one angle you could imagine a "cultivation" of interest in applications favoured by the site manager (theoretical example by observed result assessment theory only, dont slay me yet!) and a focussed directive for disinterest by not proposing applications that threaten the 'familiar' and associated user count in so far as it stalls the propogation of future genrations external to the dominating applications thereby maintaining the harvest of accessory input and concentrating attentions to what's known, as opposed to what's (fast becoming) superior? ... or at worst 'alternate' equaly?

The extra box used for "Othe Apps" suffices the self declararion of software used but doesnt make 'accepted inclusion' because the gate is still locked but offers a token key of recognition.

Personally I find the arena stunning for inspiration and imagination expansion; Renderosity. John martin also posts some works in there I saw, some early ones also. I wonder if I can write to the controllers and ask them why after so long iClone is still immovably orphaned in the field. Crying

However..... To end on a Cheerful note... Kiss

iClone Content in Renderosity.
Very much an impresive array and, sadly, I dominate the stills side of iClone ( I never really know if I offend the big "R" by promoting the Comic/Stills Side of iClone, I just think it kicks such serious *** it should be as equally hailed as its animation abilities, ) but there are many more entries aside of this including FreeStuff, Forum Threads and Blogs.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/rrsearch/index.php?search=iclone&d_search_current=0

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hmmm as interesting as this is... who cares?

If you like using it, then use it.

If you can make something that looks WTFOMGBBQ FREAKIN' AWESOME!!" and then others outside see it and you say you made it with this, then I'm thinking they'll look into it at least a little or at least give it some credit and say "Hm, maybe there is something to that."

The same thing happened in the audio world with FL Studio by Image-Line. (previously known as Fruity Loops" people always thought it second rate and shunned it. They said you couldn't make anything "pro" with it... but low and behold, there are TONS of good things made with it. You can run those EXTREMELY PRO virtual orchestral instruments in it. Slowly but surely, it became recognized because of two main reasons.

1. People made some VERY impressive stuff with it... not just stacking audio loops on top of each other, but actual songs.

2. Image-Line started adding a lot more features and support for other software and formats in the audio world. They also started developing tools and synthesizers that people could use without having to use FL Studio.

So if iClone wants to be noticed, it's up to us to make the sparkly HD stuff.

Yes, story does matter, I know, ... But AGAIN, all those suggestions in the wishlist thread are very good ones and I think RL is working on them. They already took the steps to get totally custom rigged characters and even some nice post processing effects into iClone. A few more things and we'll be there for sure.

Will you need a better graphics card? Probably... is it worth it to you... (Yes it is for me)... but that's up to you.
It makes no sense to complain that iClone isn't recognized and then when they come out with some epic new graphics so you start complaining that it can't run on your GeForce 8800 card.

Inshort... MORE DX9 (10 and 11) features please!

OH and Mac support.

Alright, if iClone is on the Mac, they'll have to do all the graphics in OpenGL. (or openCL)

You can do great things with OpenGL... look at the PlayStation 3... That's OpenGL. Only Windows PCs and Xbox uses DirectX (hence the X in Xbox).

Well I'm done ranting and stuff... Thanks for reading if you made it this far. lol

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

But the thing is, DC.... the thing IS...  when I see that drop down even now I see names I dont know of.
I go and research them because........ it's in my financial interests to do so, and it's my field; my line of work; tools for the field.

Without that simple inclusion; without that simple word "iClone" there on that small membership initial list,  Reallusion, moreover iClone, doesnt get that curiosity delivery, thereby potential custom is stunted and those who may benefit from time efficient / cost efficient animation output pass by oblivious.Unsure
That's my gripe. Crying
Armstrong.

Pamera
Pamera
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
The price of iclone 4 is $349.95

The price of poserpro 2010 is $499.99

BigGrin

(just incase anybody wanted to know) Tongue

BigGrin

Edited
14 Years Ago by Pamera
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

fablefox (6/13/2010)

Well, this is excelling anyway. I'm not implying globally there's an "Ignore" game, I was just surprised thats all.

fablefox
fablefox
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I notice some of the points raised (specially the import option and price comparison to Poser Pro 2010).

I do wish the exchange 4.0 pro is a free software to IClone 4.0 Pro user. I don't know what the idea behind it, really, other than they realize if everyone can import everything, then less reason to purchase from content store? They must understand not everyone have the time or skill, so people still purchase from content store. Other software (MAX, Maya) can import and/or model everything under the sun, but it didn't stop sites selling 3d models (some of it sells only in max / maya format, no less).

But of course, Reallusion could have make it free, but increase the overall price, so there is no different, isnt? So maybe they just say those who doesn't need it just buy IClone 4.0 Pro, and those who do, just buy Exchange Pro 4.0, this is not to charge people who doesn't need it (people who prefer to buy from content store?)

I don't know really.

http://www.fablefoxisstronger.com
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I would love to be able to make my own content over buying it but sadly I am not very good at it so I buy it
. The reason I need 3Dexchange is that RL do not (and can not) carry all the content I want for films. It maybe that the new 3Dexchange has reduced the amount of content I have bought from RL but it has also extended the life of my Iclone use, as if I could not use the content and characters I want, I would at some point look to another program that would allow me to do so.

I would also consider paying a lot more for Iclone if it had all the tools needed to make most films and character I can think of.

But thats why 3Dmax is £3500 not £200

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
It will take time, but with quality projects comes interest.

We all need to approach our projects as if we are making them for the big screen, sadly iClone is let down by the hundreds of poor quality videos and films.  Unfortunately just pop "iClone" into Youtube and you will need to flick through pages of garbage before you find anything worth watching.

This maybe the case with other software but we are seeing Max, Maya, poser and the like everyday in our homes and cinemas, that's why those software products are more popular.

Cape!

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Reading This Topic