another short installment of my historical novel

Posted By johnwarndt52 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johnwarndt52
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Titled "A Pocket Full of Shells," set in Cleveland, Ohio, USA in 1964.
Trigger warnings: Partial nudity, mild violence, sexist stereotypes in advertising

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Weird but respect for the efforts you put into this...
By the way, I'm also blind on my right eye and have a glass eye, can take it out as you showed BigGrin

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

johnwarndt52
johnwarndt52
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Hi Toystorylab, thanks for your feedback. In the novel I'm trying to animate, (which I wrote way back in 1994,) I had the young man annoying the girl (who is his little sister's friend) by simply plinking on his prosthetic eye with a fork. I didn't know they were so easily removed till very recently, but it certainly makes for a more dramatic scene than I'd  originally envisioned! At the rate it's going it will be a very long time before I finish the film. I have a learning disability due to childhood lead poisoning as well as several serious concussions, and I find it very difficult to follow directions, but I'm trying to watch the various tutorials on youtube to learn more about it. The user's manual is simply incomprehensible to me, and there's only so much I an expect from the forum. (Kellytoons has been very helpful, though, and provided the girl's braces.)
I remember watching Eldoroacho a while back and found it quite entertaining. I shoud go back and watch more. You're quite prolific.
How did you lose your eye??? The protagonist of my story lost his in a fireworks accident when he was a child. I had to have something that would make him completely ineligible for military conscription, but still allow for him to be strong and tough.
Edited
2 Years Ago by johnwarndt52
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
johnwarndt52 (12/25/2022)

How did you lose your eye???

It was a tragic accident...
My brother had made (DIY) a bow and a sharp arrow, attempting to shoot on a "bulls's eye"...
In the moment he shot, I was invisible for him, while he shot, I was running around the corner,
the moment the arrow reached that corner it hit my eye...
So he did NOT targeted me, it just was a tragic accident and I learned to live with it.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/97bc01f4-568d-4638-af40-04a6.png
Happened 1975, complete surgery did not work, though they were able to "keep" my eye, almost blind though.
Much later, in 2014, my lens collapsed and the attempt to give me a new lens hoping to get back sight failed as my eye forgot to "see".
A year later that eye got a huge inflammation and I was told to better remove it as the left eye could get damaged too.
As I was nearly blind on that eye, it took no long doubt to do so. Since then I have my glas eye...
It really takes only a few seconds to pull it out or put it back. I do so to clean it every morning.
Though it is not a "ball", it's a "shell", sitting on an implanted ball which is connected to my eye muscles...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c8e40eb0-43af-4b26-84ef-5258.png

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

johnwarndt52
johnwarndt52
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yikes. That must have been terribly traumatic. After reading a couple articles about prosthetic eyes, I used poser to construct an .obj of a concave shell resembling a modern glass eye like you show. I planned to use that in iclone, but anther source seemed to indicate that very old glass eyes were actual spherical. I couldn't pin down a date where the modern style came into use, but as my story is set in 1964, I thought that the old type would be more realistic.  

Reading This Topic