Profile Picture

export animation from iclone 8 to daz studio

Posted By eliezerbh 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
eliezerbh
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Maybe someone knows if there is a simple way to export animation from iclone 8 to daz studio
I import a character from Genesis 8 into CC4 and from there to ICLONE 8 I apply animation to it and now I want to export the animation back to DAZ STUDIO. Is there a way to do it directly from ICLONE 8?

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 55 minutes ago
Try this.

eliezerbh
eliezerbh
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)Senior Member (309 reputation)

thank you very very much.
It works but there are very problematic foot slides and it looks much, much lower quality than how it looks in CC4
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Set the "Limits Off" for the entire bones hierarchy in DAZ before importing BVH and it would stop sliding feet, replicating the motion 100%

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

As I never worked with this pipeline, I just tested and all went fine, though left arm was a bit off...
In case you, as I did, also don't know where to "Set the "Limits Off" for the entire bones hierarchy in DAZ", you find it here:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/35697bd1-6b54-4fd6-b2fb-4658.png
I wanted to go a bit further and sent to iClone...
WTF? Why can't we export BVH directly out of iClone?
As the OP asked: Is there a way to do it directly from ICLONE 8?
So, seems not possible?
As iClone is the animation tool, not CC!
WHY?
And when I send character with new animation back to CC, animation won't be transferred...Pinch

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

Edited
2 Years Ago by toystorylab
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
To the OP, just be aware that some Iclone motions simply wont transfer with perfect fidelity via BVH 
If you use an Iclone reach effector to pin a limb to a stationary object with human IK solving,
The limb will not be pinned in Daz studio from the BVH, as Daz refuses to implement a proper IK/FK system  in their software.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 1:40 AM
toystorylab (12/5/2022)
I wanted to go a bit further and sent to iClone...
WTF? Why can't we export BVH directly out of iClone?
As the OP asked: Is there a way to do it directly from ICLONE 8?
So, seems not possible?
As iClone is the animation tool, not CC!
WHY?

It was never possible to do it from iClone, you always needed 3DXchange for that.

Some 3DXchange functionality ended up in CC, so I guess that's were the BVH went. After all, you can export animations in FBX format from CC. BVH is really a legacy format with little use nowadays, AFAIK.

If DAZ fixed there FBX import we wouldn't even need it. Every sensible 3D application handles FBX but DAZ has to be special...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Ok, as export BVH is new in CC, I wondered why they did not add that to iClone too.
Anyway, after more tests, even with 3DXChange, it won't be my preferred workflow...
As I have quite a lot DAZ characters, I was hoping to use this, as the "DAZ to Unreal" link works very good and fast.

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago

If DAZ fixed there FBX import we wouldn't even need it. Every sensible 3D application handles FBX but DAZ has to be special..

FBX is typically used to import entire characters into your program to be animated/rendered etc.

The Daz studio software is a purpose built platform for the Genesis characters and Daz formatted prop content sold in the Daz store.

Daz has Zero financial incentive to enable people to import fully posable FBX Characters ,from non Daz sources, to compete with their own Genesis figures inside their FREE application.

Reallusion ,on the other hand sells, its software(with some base Characters included) as complete Character animation solution.

They have every incentive to make it easy import your external FBX Characters into the Reallusion eco system to be animated.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by AutoDidact
eliezerbh
eliezerbh
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Many thanks to all those who responded to my question and gave me all kinds of ideas on how to transfer animation into DAZ STUDIO, unfortunately none of the methods gave a serious answer. And it still seems that the feet are slipping even though with the method of exporting BVH and activating the LIMIT it worked better but really not as it looks in CC4 or ICLONE 8
I'll tell you the route I'm taking.
The motion capture comes from an XSENS capture system from there I transfer it to CC4 or ICLONE 8 through Xsens.3dxProfile and it looks almost perfect except for small corrections in slight slips of the feet and a small bend for the palms.
And hence I wanted to send to DAZ STUDIO because of the possibility of the Dforce clothes and also because of the render. That's all and it really really doesn't work smooth.
Probably the only way is to work through Motion Builder or through 3DXchange which I don't have, so I will use MB and I have already prepared the GENESIS 8 platform in MB so that I can quickly transfer the animation from the FBX file of XSENS to the character of G8 and from there to DAZ STUDIO

Reading This Topic