UV problem with IC5.X textures in the latest Blender

Posted By jeff.davies 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jeff.davies
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm using a pack that I bought frm the Content Store  that was originally released for IC 5.x. It has a single diffuse map for the mesh and everything still seems to work great in IC 8.x. However, if I export the prop as a FBX file to Blender, and then import it into Blender 3.3 using either the default FBX import tool or Soupday's great CC/IC Pipeline plugin for Blender, the UV map for the prop's mesh is WAY off.
   Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm hoping that there is a reasonably simple way to fix this. I have tried the brite force approach of UV unwrapping the mesh in Blender and then trying to fit the pieces to the Diffuse map like a giant jigsaw puzzle, but to no avail.

- Jeff
The Adventures of Capt Sanchez
Cybernautic Studios
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Is there more than one UV map in the mesh? It might be defaulting to wrong one.
jeff.davies
jeff.davies
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Dude, you are seriously brilliant! I didn't fully understand what you were saying at first. I had no idea there could be multiple UV maps!

I started by examing the model in iClone and could see there was just a single texture.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3a837721-c5f9-40c6-9bd0-aae9.png
So I re-exported it to FBX then used your Blender addon to import it.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/273d8fb8-268f-417b-be7d-1ad6.png
I then selected the mesh, went to the Object Data Properties, opened the UV Maps section and noticed the 3 different channels. All I had to do was to activate Channel 1 and presto! The correct  texture map was used.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7b1220e6-f781-4b48-aace-6b50.png
So you simultaneously solved my problem AND taught me something important about Blender! I can't thank you enough!

- Jeff
The Adventures of Capt Sanchez
Cybernautic Studios

Reading This Topic