tablecloth sticking to clothes

Posted By lvanvalk 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lvanvalk
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I am having a problem with the tablecloth sticking to the clothes of my characters. Is there a way to bake it or freeze it so it stays put? I am using iClone 7.

Thank you,
Lorraine
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Tablecloth is interacting with characters' collision shapes. If you do not have physics based cloth on a character, then disable collision shapes altogether.
If some cloth and/or hair require collision shapes enabled, then disable those shapes which should not interact with cloth (usually for hands, feet..etc).

Otherwise transform your character away from a table, bake table cloth animation (enable Bake Animation under Soft Cloth in Project settings and run animation in ByFrame mode) and disable physics for tablecloth and a table itself.
Then disable Bake Animation, transform your character back and continue with the project.

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges

Reading This Topic