Profile Picture

facial pose (or anim) in fbx.

Posted By john.benton 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
john.benton
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello All
I am using CC4 to create characters. I roundtrip texture in substance
I then pose with facial expressions and export as fbx (for Blender /or Unity) 
But my character is in a tpose w./out facial expression no matter the settings

...if I go through iClone, the pose is there, but again no facial...
I'm sure there is a simple way to get the facial in fbx that I am missing...?

Thanks

jeff.davies
jeff.davies
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I wouldnt export any animations from CC4 directly. I always go through iClone8 and do my final renders in Blender. When you import the FBX file into Blender, are you using Victor Soupday's CC plugin (https://github.com/soupday/cc_blender_tools)  in blender or are you doing a straight Menu / Import / FBX import? I do full body and facial animations in iClone (including generating the Viseme track with AccuLips), export as FBX then use the CC_Blender_Tools plugin to import into Blender for the final render. I've never had a problem with the facial animations with that flow.

It may not solve your problem, but hopefully it will give you a few  things to try as you figure this out.  Best of luck!

- Jeff
The Adventures of Capt Sanchez
Cybernautic Studios
Edited
2 Years Ago by jeff.davies
john.benton
john.benton
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)

Thanks Jeff,
Yes, I have Soupday's plugins (thank God). I guess maybe generating the Viseme is what's evaded me..? How does the Visme export ?
I was just trying to start with cc poses (incl facial) > Unity and they just come in as a Tpose. 
I'm trying Soupdays Unity plug ins, but they are about textures more than poses. (Although maybe if I export the Mesh and the Animation/pose seperately I could recouple)
but, again no facial

However,
I am having better luck with the OBJ Export ! The pose and the facial come through this way 
So this is a good first step
Thanks!
J

john.benton
john.benton
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

double

Edited
2 Years Ago by john.benton
jeff.davies
jeff.davies
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
For me (using Blender) the Viseme exports as part of the FBX file when you export that character from iClone. I have unity, but I've never really used it much (yet). So on that specific software I dont know what to tell you.

- Jeff
The Adventures of Capt Sanchez
Cybernautic Studios
john.benton
john.benton
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks, Jeff! 
Much appreciated 
I just realized that while the exported model (using Unity export & Soupday import) comes in as a T-Pose, the animation is embedded in the fbx and can be retrieved by creating an animator component for the model w that animation. this animation/pose does have facial and further can be put on other characters (though I dont think the facial transfers to other models, just the pose)
but still,
it's kind of amazing!
I have to do more tests and will post findings ...
Thanks again
J
john.benton
john.benton
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks, Jeff! 
Much appreciated 
I just realized that while the exported model (using Unity export & Soupday import) comes in as a T-Pose, the animation is embedded in the fbx and can be retrieved by creating an animator component for the model w that animation. this animation/pose does have facial and further can be put on other characters (though I dont think the facial transfers to other models, just the pose)
but still,
it's kind of amazing!
I have to do more tests and will post findings ...
Thanks again
J

Reading This Topic