Bone Editor issues adding, editing, deleting bones

Posted By janarae 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem.png
janarae
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello, I'm having multiple problems using the Bone Editor. 
Problem #1: Have to reopen the Bone Editor window in order to add bones. After selecting a layer, the first time I open the Bone Editor window, the "Add Bone" button is not selectable and is not outlined in red as expected. I have to close the Bone Editor window and reopen it for that button to work.
AddBone.gif
Problem #2: Once the "Add Bone" button is selected, there is a delay before bones register.
DelayWhenAddingBones.gif
Problem #3: With a central bone selected, I am unable to add additional bones.
CannotExtendBones.gif
Problem #4: I am unable to Delete selected bones. I tried to close and reopen the Bone Editor window, and still can't use the Delete button to remove selected bones.
CannotDeleteBones.gif
I've tried adding bones to several different files in case there was an issue with the specific SVG I was using, and this is happening on each of the imported files I've tried. I'm following along with 2DAnimation101's free course included with the upgrade, so I downloaded the sample project files that were included in the course, and it is happening with those files as well, which is the project I used to record the attached GIFs to demonstrate. 

Being unable to delete or add bones is making it quite difficult to use CTA5 on any new images I am importing. Is anyone else having these issues? Any help would be appreciated!
Attachments
DelayWhenAddingBones.gif (28 views, 827.00 KB)
CannotExtendBones.gif (15 views, 900.00 KB)
CannotDeleteBones.gif (16 views, 1.00 MB)
AddBone.gif (34 views, 2.00 MB)
slavoisard
slavoisard
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Same issue for me, impossible to Add Bone, whatever I do, it's never activating after I click Add Bone Sad
slavoisard
slavoisard
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Still no news about the problem ? I can't use this feature which is the main new thing I wanted to play with Sad
slavoisard
slavoisard
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Still no news about the problem ? I can't use this feature which is the main new thing I wanted to play with Sad
janarae
janarae
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Salvoisard, do you happen to be using a touch screen like me? I have a Wacom Cintiq on my main computer where I reported this issue, and then tried installing it on my Surface Studio and had the same issue there, so I sent a support ticket separate from the forum and the Reallusion team gave me a "hot fix" version to try. I just tried it late last night, and it did fix the problem for me. I am now able to add bones, extend a rig with additional bones, and can delete bones as well. They said that they discovered a problem when a touch screen device was used, and it'll be fixed in the next version update. 

Until the next update rolls out, you could try to temporarily turn off the touch function while using CTA5 (I didn't try that myself, as I need the touch function for other applications, but it may be worth a try), or if you submit a support ticket from your login used to make your purchase, you may be able to get the hot fix to tide you over. It's a little complicated to install the fix, and I use a program called Beyond Compare to do my hard drive backups that really came in handy (or you can copy individual files that were updated as well, it's just more time consuming and you'd want to be careful to replace the correct files).

Good luck!

Reading This Topic