Profile Picture

Ver 2.0 Affinity Apps no longer work on Windows

Posted By AverageJoe 2 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Jowin
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi - I'd like to try this but am unsure of the following step in the process.
"Then I took the exe to install."
What does this instruction mean?  'took the exe to install'

thank you and best wishes

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thanks danielpojda... Your steps outlined here are what I surmised, and as such, we miss out on the two way link for the SVG file.   It's really no different from creating a new AD file, without launching from within CTA, exporting your file as a SVG file, then opening CTA5 and dragging in your new SVG into the scene.  Then when saving the SVG anew in AD, it should update in CTA, but with AD it doesn't. 
As shown here, for Adobe Illustrator...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kS1C9UBInQ

Edited
2 Years Ago by AverageJoe
robot-49
robot-49
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I worked out the the message from 'danielpojda' and made a step-to-step guide for my own lesssons about CTA5. (English is not my natural language).
1   Select the 'Affinity Designer'-button in the top-toolbar.
2   Select 'New Object' in the popup-window. 
    A new document is created in Affinity Designer with the name 'Default'.
3   Draw or paste your object in the blank document.
4   Select the menu-option 'File > Open' in Explorer. 
    The location of the default-file is shown in the explorer.
5   Click the 'map'-icon in the top of the window and copy the file-pat' near that icon.
6   Select the menu-option 'File > Export' and select 'SVG' in the popup-window.
7   Click the 'Expor't-button and in the popup-window click also the 'map'-icon. 
8   Paste the file-pat' in the box and hit 'return' if nececssary. 
    The default-file is selected in the window.
8   Hit the 'save'-button.
9   Go back to Cartoon Animator and select 'Bone Actor' in the popup-window.
10  You can now edit the object in Affinity Designer and export it with 'File > Export'. 
    The file-path is remembered in the explorer.
Jünni
Jünni
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Sorry, I thought I was in the German forum.

Hello,
I don't think that the problem is with Affinity ( apart from the msix file),
rather with Reallusion because it works fine with iCl7 and 8. In A-Photo I clicked on Save
in A-Photo and the changes were immediately displayed in iCl.
Günter

Hallo,
ich glaube nicht das daß das Problem bei Affinity liegt ( abgesehen von der msix-Date),
eher bei Reallusion weil es bei iCl7 und 8 einwandfrei funktioniert. In A-Photo auf Speichern
geklickt und die Änderungen wurden sofort in iCl angezeigt.
Günter
Edited
2 Years Ago by Jünni
rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Hello Günter
are you using Affinty Phote 2.0?
I assume you have also unpacked the MSIX.
and inserted the exe in IC8??
I had not tried it in IC8.
Deleted my trial version of Affinity Photo 2.0 again.
Waiting for a solution from Affinity first.
Until then I continue to use Affinity Photo 1.0, works at least

Thanks for your comment.
Greetings Robert
Jünni
Jünni
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)

Hello Robert,
Yes, I have Vers. 2.0 and do not have MSIXinstalled but immediately unpacked and with Photo.exe started the program,
entered the license and activated it.With iCl 7 & 8 the image is saved directly via Save sent to iCl
but must be cached for CA4.
With regards
Günter
Edited
2 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Jünni
Jünni
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Sorry,
the browser went crazy with my last post.
The text is at the bottom at the end.
wires
wires
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Looks as though Serif have seen the light and intend to make a corrected installer according to this on their Forum.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic