Profile Picture

Do Vector images stay as vector both ways - From Affinity Designer and back?

Posted By rfbindl 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Do Vector images stay as vector both ways - From Affinity Designer and...

Author
rfbindl
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Am I understanding the vector drawing feature in CTA5 correctly... that the prop maintains itself as vector only one way?

I've connected the PSD launch to Affinity Designer and creating new vector drawings, then save to CTA5 as a prop, but when I launch back to Designer it's still converted to a raster image? That's the same thing I had with CTA4, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something, or what's new with vector images?

UPDATE: I think I answered my own question. The object created in Designer (or other image editor) and saved to CTA5 is a vector image in CTA5 (?), but when I launched back to Designer it is converted to a raster image. Is that the difference between CTA4 and 5? -- I get a better image, but still have to save the PSD project file in Designer then copy/paste to continue using vectors?
Edited
2 Years Ago by rfbindl
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Currently the Launch To PSD pipeline is for raster images only. In a future update we will add the ability to send your vector characters or props to a SVG editor like Affinity Designer, Illustrator etc.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rfbindl
rfbindl
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Does this mean we'll be able to send SVG from CTA5 to external editor as SVG and back? That would be great; It's the main reason I upgraded. Now that I think about it, does the PSD thing have something to do with proprietary format and SVG being open source? Either way I'm looking forward to that... I mostly do freehand pixel draw for a different look than vector images, but still do both. Thanks for reply.

Peter (RL) (11/9/2022)
Hi...
... In a future update we will add the ability to send your vector characters or props to a SVG editor like Affinity Designer, Illustrator etc.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
rfbindl (11/9/2022)
Does this mean we'll be able to send SVG from CTA5 to external editor as SVG and back?

Yes. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
For now, use this workflow - create in Illustrator or Animate> rigging in photoshop with 360 head front and side templates > animating inside CTA5.

Even when SVG is available, I am still going to use this workflow only. It makes more sense, rather than trying to learn the SVG features and trying to do things with vectors.

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.
Official Website  Reallusion Store  

Reading This Topic