Lauch PSD Editor in Compose mode grayed out

Posted By dvnmedia 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dvnmedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82649e3-4949-4282-911d-4354.pngWhen I try to launch PSD Editor in compose mode the icon on the left hand side is grayed out so can't be executed.

It still works in in Cartoon Animator 4 but I can't get it to work in Cartoon Animator 5, so I can't tweak the G3 characters.

Also is there anyway to load the included vector characters into an editor to personalise them, or do I have to create them from scratch.
Edited
2 Years Ago by dvnmedia
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

The Launch PSD Editor still works in CTA5 as it did in CTA4 but the issue here is that all the default embedded characters have been updated to the new SVG (Vector) format in CTA5 so PSD Export won't work. You can see that PSD Export still works by dragging the same character shown from CTA4 into CTA5.

So, to clarify, if you have a SVG (Vector) character you can't use the "Launch PSD Editor" option. However, if you have a Raster based character built from the PSD Templates then you can use the "Launch PSD Editor" and it will work just as it did in CTA4.

Please Note: The ability to Launch a SVG character to a SVG compatible editor is coming in a future update.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

dvnmedia
dvnmedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)

Thanks for the reply, I didn't realise so much of the existing content had been updated to vector.
Looking forward to the export to SVG Editor in a future update.
jtompki4
jtompki4
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (59 reputation)New Member (59 reputation)New Member (59 reputation)New Member (59 reputation)New Member (59 reputation)New Member (59 reputation)New Member (59 reputation)New Member (59 reputation)New Member (59 reputation)

Will the older character packs (Campus Hero, 360 Head Maker, Vector Buddies) be updated to the new SVG format soon?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
jtompki4 (11/7/2022)
Will the older character packs (Campus Hero, 360 Head Maker, Vector Buddies) be updated to the new SVG format soon?

This has not been confirmed yet. As soon as I know more I'll let you know.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic