NEW EULA ISSUES

Posted By deidrereaystudios 2 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
deidrereaystudios
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
There have already been a ton of forum posts around the Newest EULA issues, and considering i have not received in 2 weeks a response from reallusion through Email figure I will open discussion here.
NEW EULA LINK for those that need a reference.
Issue for me as a longtime user and indie game developer is of course around not using content for character creation in games (without and enterprise license which i can not get an email to discuss, nor is it even listed which could be horrifyingly expensive).
So few questions as to maybe clarify more for others like myself.
1.) If a user does not sign the new EULA what happens then? Is a user then stuck with previous EULA agreement, no longer able to purchase new content, or not able to update their software? What is the situation at that point? (I myself have not signed the new EULA as basically finished with CC3 and my games workflow).
2.) Anyone have any idea on the price of said ENTERPRISE license? Case by case seems to me ability to charge whatever to whomever. I hope I am wrong and it is just a set amount of money that is understandable, but does anyone have a clue on the price?
3.) Is there a way to actually get a response in email from "SALES" to discuss some of this? Have tried twice and its been weeks at this point.
I am under the assumption no one is forced to agree to an EULA that complete would ruin ones small business and product (anyone of us that have a GAME CREATION this is now a NO unless you pay more.....) , but perhaps I am mistaken.
Would love for some input and clarity as this all seems a serious issue to me personally, but also many others.
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Frankly, there is no financial benefit to you not accepting the EULA.

If you mean the products you purchased before the licenses changed, the CC components you purchased with the export license should have been upgraded to the extended license free of charge. Therefore, you no longer need to request a Mass distribution license from RL for game distribution.

Since the Export license has now been removed, if you want to purchase any CC components from the stores, you have to choose one of the 2 available licenses.

Apart from that, there is not much difference between the old license and the new license.
ENTERPRISE license has been added as an extra if you want to allow users to customize their characters in the games you have developed or if you want full ownership of a character. I think this license pricing may vary depending on the features you want.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 26 minutes ago
deidrereaystudios (10/18/2022)

1.) If a user does not sign the new EULA what happens then? Is a user then stuck with previous EULA agreement, no longer able to purchase new content, or not able to update their software? What is the situation at that point? (I myself have not signed the new EULA as basically finished with CC3 and my games workflow).

You do not need to sign anything. By installing and using the software and content you are agreeing to the terms of the EULA. If you do not agree, then you should not install or use the software or content.

2.) Anyone have any idea on the price of said ENTERPRISE license? Case by case seems to me ability to charge whatever to whomever. I hope I am wrong and it is just a set amount of money that is understandable, but does anyone have a clue on the price?

Enterprise licenses are issued on a case-by-case basis. There isn't a fixed price. The price is negotiated based on how Reallusion's content will be integrated into the game or apps character creator or character generation system.

3.) Is there a way to actually get a response in email from "SALES" to discuss some of this? Have tried twice and its been weeks at this point.
I am under the assumption no one is forced to agree to an EULA that complete would ruin ones small business and product (anyone of us that have a GAME CREATION this is now a NO unless you pay more.....) , but perhaps I am mistaken.

If you have not received a response from the sales team via email, please use the Support Form below. The support form is the recommended way to get support from all departments and you will normally receive a reply within 48 hours Monday to Friday.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
2 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
deidrereaystudios
deidrereaystudios
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)

I believe perhaps I am confused. Reading the EULA it states that a Standard License one can not use in Games for characters creation, but with an Extended license I quote "To use a character made by CC Component content for any game, application, or AR/VR project. You may include the character in your game or APP in a way that the model may be manipulated or interacted with." That to me sounds like if you own the extended license you can use however you wish? Can you verify this Peter that as long as Extended license is owned we can Have character creations, selection, or use the CC ASSET with its license in any way we choose to have it manipulated or interacted with? https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cf24f33e-9caf-4367-873a-d279.png
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

In fact, although these questions have been answered many times on the forum, they can still be quite confusing as the license changes are new.
First of all, I would recommend that you take a look at the following topic.

https://forum.reallusion.com/525631/Content-License-Policy

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
deidrereaystudios
deidrereaystudios
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

No offense that does not answer the question. Where in that EULA does it state we need beyond an extended license for character creation, manipulation, etc?
It literally states under Standard license restrictions no in app character generation. Under extended license there is no such restriction. Hence I am at a loss how one would need an enterprise license for games at any rate.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/58961a4d-9b49-4435-a303-5f4e.png
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

First of all, a standard license is sufficient for video and picture productions.
You can produce unlimited videos and images and use them commercially.

You can use animations, props and some CC components that do not have an extended license option in video, image, game and application production with an unlimited standard license.

In order to use some CC components (Hair, clothes, etc.) unlimitedly in games and applications, you should choose the extended license when purchasing these products.
Enterprise license is required if you want to allow players to customize their characters in games and apps, or for some extra rights.
It's not a character choice.
Character customization.
For example, users can change the character's skin color, hair, and clothes.
If you will not allow character customization in the game or application you have developed, you do not need this license.

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 26 minutes ago
[b]Can you verify this Peter that as long as Extended license is owned we can Have character creations, selection, or use the CC ASSET with its license in any way we choose to have it manipulated or interacted with?

Unfortunately, neither Standard nor Extended licenses allow in-game character creation. The only license that allows you to use Reallusion content in an in-game or in-app character creator is the Enterprise license.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

lowejohn7
lowejohn7
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
and could you finally define char creation? 

also, you say you should not install the software if you do not agree with the EULA the software was already installed before the change so you are saying that now that you changed the EULA i should uninstall my software then peter ? interesting stance 

remember the license was made easier to understand LAMO

no one seems able to get a straight answer about the license and i have tried many times so for me i can prove that i have gone far out of my way to get answers that have not been forth coming and ignored so falls under not understanding for my country 
also, any change to the EULA must be by mutual consent of both parties in my country anyway did you get my consent 
Edited
2 Years Ago by lowejohn7
3dSphinx
3dSphinx
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
@lowe
If it helps because it can become quite convoluted...
What they mean is you can use Character Creator to make the characters for your game but if you want a feature in your game where the player customizes the character (Like Cyberpunk or GTA character generator)using Reallusion Marketplace/Content store content such as morphs, hair, beards or clothes it would require being granted an Enterprise License. But if you make a character that isn't being changed like characters in Detroit: Become Human where the focus isn't on customization and dressing up your character the Extended would suffice for unlimited use of the content whereas Standard is for 1 single use content on one character.

So for you protagonist in a game you have the Standard License and you use the Bob hair. You can only use it on the protagonist in the game and you can't use it on multiple characters within that game. That same hair once used for that game couldn't be used on another character for another game unless you are using the same character.

With the Extended license you wouldn't have to worry about how many times you use the content because you have unlimited usage right. If you don't want to try to get the Enterprise License to have character generating in your game the only ither route you may be able to go is making the morphs, clothes and hair if you want a customization system. That is from the email they sent however.

Section 2.2 A.B.B
They said only manipulation of the model which could possibly mean anything only the base character mesh and not the other elements. Or the whole character. But only they can confirm. But I know the email they sent does adjust the terms.

But if you already waived the need for your consent it wouldn't matter. It's common practice of companies in the States to have a clause in the agreement that they may make changes and are only obligated to let you know the change. Then by using the product you agree to it. So you would have to see if the Eula you agreed to states that somewhere.

Edited
2 Years Ago by SugarMoxie

Reading This Topic