Rigging Problem with 360 head issue???

Posted By toonmanbill 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
toonmanbill
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hello fellow cartoon animators!!!

I wonder if you can help me.  After so many years of using Cartoon Animator with other characters, I decided to start creating my own custom 360 character heads, etc.

After carefully following the template for PSD rigging, when I do a "CALIBRATION" of my character's head to test it.  I am getting some strange results.
I have gone back and forward with the template and double checked my PSD file as well for correct placement of the head features bones "+", and I can't figure out what's going on with  the back hair and the eyes.  I did follow the PSD pipeline template properly.  It's probably something simple that I am missing.

What do you think is going on?  How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance for your time and help!  I attached an image showing what's going on.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e7cc598e-ce37-4299-b34d-4268.png
boxels
boxels
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks, let me take a look and see if I can’t get a video up this weekend for you on it. I just need your written reply / consent to do so on my yotube channel. 

I actually enjoy this part the most to be honest BigGrin

Jared S
Boxels
toonmanbill
toonmanbill
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

boxels (9/30/2022)hanks, let me take a look and see if I can’t get a video up this weekend for you on it. I just need your written reply / consent to do so on my yotube channel. Thanks, let Thanks, let me take a look and see if I can’t get a video up this weekend for you on it. I just need your written reply / consent to do so on my yotube channel. 
I actually enjoy this part the most to be honest BigGrin
Jared S
Boxels

You have my permission. The body is from the Reallusion characters, but the face I drew and trying to get the hang of it before I draw the body as well.  When do you think you will upload the video?  Thanks for your help.  I am trying to do an animation for a friend and I am super stuck. 

Maybe part of the problem is the way I am drawing the front hair to look parted on the side ( but almost the middle ). 
I think your video will be able to help a lot of people. The way I am implementing or drawing the hair is not working with the bones well. Especially the front and back hair. 
This also makes it harder to rig it as a 360 head.  Everything gets distorted when I play around with the "360 Head Creator" in CA4.

By the way, I love the way you teach and explain things. Thank you for helping others in your YouTube channel! Smile
Edited
2 Years Ago by toonmanbill
toonmanbill
toonmanbill
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

boxels (9/30/2022)
Thanks, let me take a look and see if I can’t get a video up this weekend for you on it. I just need your written reply / consent to do so on my yotube channel. 

I actually enjoy this part the most to be honest BigGrin

Jared S
Boxels

Hi Jared, I hope you had a great weekend!  I was just following up to see if you had a chance to look at my character file.  Thanks!
boxels
boxels
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
So sorry. it's been crazy surprises for me. Did you email me your files or drop a link to them here? 

toonmanbill
toonmanbill
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

boxels (10/19/2022)
So sorry. it's been crazy surprises for me. Did you email me your files or drop a link to them here? 

Hi Jared,
No problem. I understand that you are busy.  My schedule gets crazy at times as well. Thank you for following up.
I think I private message you with the file or emailed it, but that's ok.  I am trying a different approach with my character rig.  If I continue to have issues, I can reach out to you again, if that's ok with you.

Best Wishes and thank you again for reaching out!

Reading This Topic