Profile Picture

What do the blue circles in the Edit Motion Layer window mean?

Posted By jeff.davies 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

What do the blue circles in the Edit Motion Layer window mean?

Author
jeff.davies
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm working on an animation and somehow the ankles of my character now both have blue circles around them in the editor. As a result, whenever I move the other body parts of the character, it affects the ankles also. So I have several questions for the august body of animators here:
1) What do these blue circles indicate?
2) How did I turn them on?
3) How do I turn them off?
Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1d5e9315-07cf-4ea2-974c-6e76.png

- Jeff
The Adventures of Capt Sanchez
Cybernautic Studios
jeff.davies
jeff.davies
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I figured it out. If you select a bone/joint in the Edit Motion Layer window and then click on the IK button, the circle around the bone/joint will highlight in blue. Clicking the FK button will remove the highlight.

Mystery Solved!

- Jeff
The Adventures of Capt Sanchez
Cybernautic Studios

Reading This Topic