now a prop I bought won't load

Posted By johnwarndt52 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johnwarndt52
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I bought a chainlink fence prop for a project, jumped through all the hoops to download and install it, but very time I try to make it load I get an error message that it failed to load.
The system requirements of said product are (copied from the product page)  "CC v3.00 or above , iClone v6.00 or above"
https://marketplace.reallusion.com/chainlink-mesh-fence 
I have CC 3.04 and iClone v7.41, which would suggest that it's enough, but apparently it isn't.
Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

(I still use iClone v7.41 because when I upgraded to 7.61 a couple years ago it simply destroyed my pc, which had previously worked flawlessly. Rendered it completely brain-dead. I had to pay a guy hundreds of dollars to come here and  fix it, then reload windows 10 and then reinstall a legacy version of iClone 7.41. And of course I lost all the the other apps that were on it, some of which I've never been able to replace, so the loss to me was simply incalculable, not to mention the two weeks of time lost when it was down.)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a615bf1-2e19-446b-bcbf-1a7a.bmp

Kidder
Kidder
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
I think the problem is the listing is incorrect, it says it was published early 2021 which would make it IC7.8 or thereabouts. it say  CC3 and ic6, that doesn't make sense as they are different generations of iclone CC3 is IC7 only. so my advice is to email the creator.
Having said that I understood that newer content will not download to older versions that are incompatible but I could be wrong. You could try opening in 3dx7 if that fails redownload and overwrite. If that doesn't work then it's faulty or made for IC7.8.
Hope this helps

See my other videos on my YouTube channel Kissler101

Reading This Topic