Profile Picture

Serial Number Expiry? - What the hell???????

Posted By liquidstool 16 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
liquidstool
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 16 Years Ago
So, as a matter of course i tend to reinstall vista every 8 weeks to keep my machine working great - a hassel i know but not so bad, anyway this is the second time i've gone to install CT4 and then i get this message i have used 3 of 5 installs!

Tripe, i know this is number two and anyway, what the hell happens when i have used all 5? Do i get to purchase CT4 again or is this a ploy to make me upgrade to CT5? I don't have to buy a new copy of Windows or any other software i can think of if i install ut more than 5 times Sad

Any info here would be great, thanks
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hi,

Firstly I have to say that reinstalling Windows Vista every 8 weeks will almost certainly cause you a lot of problems with the growing online protection systems that are becoming increasingly more popular. As an example I recently found myself locked out of Flight Simulator X after just two installs when I had to reinstall again because of a hardware upgrade.

Personally I wouldn't think you would need to reinstall an OS more than twice a year unless you make major hardware changes or are hit by a nasty virus attack.

With Reallusion software you should always uninstall (while connected to the internet) prior to reinstalling an OS. This will prevent the install counter from incrementing.

If you do find yourself locked out of Crazytalk then contact support and they should be able to help reset the counter for you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gymcaro
gymcaro
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 Years Ago
I tried to install CT5 on my NEW windows 7 computer and it gave me the same problem.  I need it very urgently!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
If you have used up the 5 fresh install limit then you will need to contact Customer Support to explain the situation. They will then be able to reset the count.

Importantly if you remember to uninstall each time before a fresh install, the count will not increase and you should not have this problem in the future.

Please use the Support Form below to request assistance.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic